Removing drawers on Mac & Snap On Tool Boxes

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Mikey, Oct 30, 2006.

1. Mikey Forum Member

I've got a Mac Tools 10 draw top box & a Snap On 3 Draw step up box, both of which are quite old & were bought 2nd hand.

I've bought a new Britool 3 draw section to go underneath the Mac Tool box. Since the box is full to brimming with tools, I'll need to empty it in order to lift it & get the new one underneath. Rather than empty each draw individually, is it possible to pull out the drawer off the runner sections, leaving the tools inside & saving me having to reorganise them?

They're ball bearing runners if that makes a difference. I'll take pics of the Mac & the Snap On type tonight 'cos it'll be good to know how to do this on the other box too since I've got some tidying to do

Mac Tools Runners:
    [​IMG]

Snap On Runners:
    [​IMG]

Pics aren't too good, but you get the idea

Last edited: Oct 30, 2006
  2. flutterby Forum Member

i think i know waht you on about but surley in the time taken to find the camera take the pictures download them to the computer and upload them on here, could you not have emptied it by then ?

3. Mikey Forum Member

Erm, no.
    Pics are already on my home pc. Box is at my old mans garage so won't be emptying it until the weekend so I was hoping I'd get an answer by then

4. Seraph Banned

the snap on box, and most others allow for the draws to come off the runners.

Snapon can supply a tool to do this, rather like a flexi bit of steel.

You slide this over the outside of the runner, and pull the draw out.

Its comlicated to explain, easier to show.