Nige`s Golf MK2 2.0 16V Turbo track car with Aero. www.pinderwagen.com

Discussion in 'Members Gallery' started by Nige, May 3, 2007.

1. Nige

Nige Paid Member Paid Member

I`d heard of it but never really looked at it, simply because when I looked where it was I knew I wouldn`t go for just a single day. It was only when Darren announced he was doing one straight after the Ring day that I looked at it in more detail.

That`s why I added a few photos of people stood on the track, you just can`t believe how steep it is from watching the videos.

Someone commented elsewhere that my repost was missing a trackside fix section and they were a little disappointed nothing broke that needed repairing [:s]

Thanks.

I would guess 330HP or above. I took Toyotec for a session at Cadwell last month and he`s mapped and been in loads of cars over the years. I specifically asked him if he would make a guestimate at the power and torque but he was unable to do so. Without getting it on a Dyno again I won`t know for sure.

Blimey, someone actually read it lol That was a very amusing part of the day ;)

2. Natz Guehl New Member

I told you that you would love Bilster Berg, didn't I? [:D]

The moment you learn that you can be flat out uphill leaving the Mausefalle and blasting right into the sky turning right ;), a moment just money for a Bilster Berg trackday can buy :).

Nige likes this.
  3. Break Forum Member

Looks like a place on everybody's track day wishlist.

I read this on PH (during work) and thought i would leave a message here, you always learn something reading about your trips.

Nige likes this.
  4. HidRo Forum Member

Always fun to read. Specially the Porsche bit ahah :p

Nige likes this.
  5. Nige

Nige Paid Member Paid Member

When you were telling me about a certain part of the track but wouldn't tell me where, I guessed it was the blind exit of mausefalle after the first session :o

You were absolutely correct, it's a fantastic venue :clap:

Thanks for the reply. I didn't really know what to expect, I knew it would be an interesting circuit but it was far better than I had hoped [:D]

lol

6. Baas 009 New Member

Once again another mind-blowing trip report! :thumbup:

This build thread is something so epic that you cannot even imagine without seeing it. I always look for good build threads and this has been the real holy grail of build stories.

When i first time bumped to this, we had factory closure coming and thus not so much motivation to work. Even then it took me almost 2 weeks to read whole thread from start to finish, and this was 800 messages shorter then! :o

This thread only has made me think that should i build some kind of vag trackday weapon. Mk2 golf with tsi+dsg would be very nice lol.
    Whole thread is so inspiring that every time read new posts, it makes me to go to garage to progress my gazillion unfinished projects.

Here, in far north (I live in Finland) we also have track that you would absolutely love, as you are an 'ring enthusiast. Track is Ahvenisto racetrack, and is often called as nordic Nrburgring. Here is some random incar which shows the track profile. I understand it would be bit long trip to come here even thou the track is awesome :p

But huge thanks to You for your uncompromising effort as track-head and glorious reporting about it. And also seasons greetings from Finland, The real home of Santa Claus ;)

7. derx New Member

I'm so curious for all the things Nige has (or hasn't) done to the Pinderwagen. Would be a laugh if he comes on and says he sold it and bought an e46 :p

8. Sirguydo

Sirguydo Fastest milkman in the West Paid Member

He was round at mine buying a cylinder head a couple of weeks ago so yes the car is still under development.

Unfortunately hes not posting here atm youll have to go to pinderwagen.com to get the latest .

derx likes this.
  9. blis Forum Member

Word gets around, one of the guys in the Aussie thread on FB posted a pic of your car...

[​IMG]

10. sports racer Forum Member

Lots of Aussies follow this thread. :thumbup:

11. oldnick

oldnick Paid Member Paid Member

Not much to follow at the moment, c'mon Nige, your public misses you!

derx and Sirguydo like this.
  12. scirsteve Paid Member Paid Member

have followed this thread for probably about a year, since I first came across the youtube clip with the russian? guy going round the ring with nige.
    I was extremely impressed by nige's driving and the pinderwagen.
    Read the thread from stem to stern, packed full of amazing info. 12 out of 10 nige

13. Welwynick New Member

I signed up to Club GTI today just to say thank you to Nige for providing me with a wonderful read.

Reading a new page of the thread each day, and watching the videos, has been my new guilty pleasure in these miserable, isolated, times

I can't remember how I found this - probably searching for VW intercooler or something like that - but I'm glad I did. I'm a longstanding hands-on petrolhead and love seeing other people straddle theory, practice and application disciplines so naturally. What you've done over the last few years has been an inspiration Nige - thank you!

Nick

Sirguydo, EZ_Pete and mr.brown like this.
  14. Tristan

Tristan Paid Member Paid Member

Nige doesn't frequent here now, but he does update his blog/website.

15. Sirguydo

I’ve got to admit Nige’s thread here was why I joined Clubgti in the first place as he’s a real inspiration to anyone that has some skills and he’s always happy to share his good and bad experiences.

http://pinderwagen.com/ Is where he’s at now , I talk to him now and again when he’s after bits from my stash :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

16. Savagesam

Savagesam Moderator Staff Member Moderator

His website doesn’t seem to work? Brings up word press with nothing on it.

he’s pretty active on Facebook too!

17. Sirguydo

works fine on my iPad

18. GVK

GVK Paid Member Paid Member

19. Savagesam

Savagesam Moderator Staff Member Moderator

I’ve tried on my Mac and my iPhone. No joy. Maybe I’ll try my work laptop.

edit* works on my work laptop. Which gives some interesting reading in these quiet times.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2020