Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 26

Thread: Camskill.co.uk for tyres

  1. #1
    Forum Junkie
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Derby/Nottingham
    Posts
    1,537
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default Camskill.co.uk for tyres

    Probably been mentioned before, but I just wanted to share the excellent service and price I received from Camskill:

    http://www.camskill.co.uk/products.php?plid=m4b0s0p0

    I ordered a pair of 205/40/17 Toyo's at 13.15 yesterday and they arrived at 08.30 this morning. Best of all they were £30 per tyre cheaper than anywhere else!

    Now with G60 power

  2. #2
    CGTI Regional Host faithless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Cheshire
    Posts
    1,086
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    just have to say I have used these a number of times
    and found them to be great, fast and cheap what more
    could you want...


  3. #3
    Forum Junkie
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Rugby
    Posts
    1,760
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    i had the same experiece they are excellent and will arrive very shortly after ordering them!

    #89 Alpine White Gti 8v

  4. #4
    Club GTI Sponsor and Supporter
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    nr Glos
    Posts
    5,900
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 13 Times in 6 Posts

    Default

    yep they're top... and supply me a lot of my own tyres,

    BADGER 5 LTD: PERFORMANCE TUNING
    RACE PROVEN PRODUCTS & HONEST ADVICE:
    Contact:01453 822880

    Bespoke Big Turbo conversions,Forge,Ferodo,AP,Custom Code,REVO,H&R,Eibach,Vibratechnik,SPEC,Compmotive, DTA,Jenvey,Brembo brake kits,EBC,Koni,Neuspeed, and much much more...
    http://www.badger-5.com
    email me at:bill@badger5.co.uk

  5. #5
    Official Friday thread starter
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    12,618
    Thanks
    88
    Thanked 68 Times in 40 Posts

    Default

    the t1-r's for £56? that is impressive, always found camskill more expensive then everyone else.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaz37 View Post
    when I said I was "hung" I didn't mean by the neck using a noose

  6. #6
    Forum Junkie
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Cocos (Keeling) Islands
    Posts
    7,245
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    prices seem a lot better then they use to be

  7. #7
    Forum Junkie
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Any given gutter, any given day.
    Posts
    25,862
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 47 Times in 29 Posts

    Default

    I found them tops as well. One tip is to get them to send a quick note properly signed off saying that the tyres are suitable for the vehicle in question.
    I ordered a pair of tyres for my old girl's passat, they were "H" rated as were the factory fit tyres. But she went down to the local tyre fitter and because I had previously fitted a set of higher "V" rated tyres they refused to fit them, showed her a letter from some tyre council saying it would invalidate the insurance, and as she had an MoT the next day she basically had to buy a set from the local tyre fitter at an inflated price.
    Basically the fitter blagged her.
    Great service from Camskill, rip-off service from Wells of Bangor!
    Cheers,

    The True Christ.

  8. #8
    Forum Junkie
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Cocos (Keeling) Islands
    Posts
    7,245
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    she was blagged good n proper

  9. #9
    Forum Junkie
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Cocos (Keeling) Islands
    Posts
    7,245
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    I ordered two 18" tyres £73 each ordered on Friday arrived Tuesday Morning

    great service

  10. #10
    Forum Junkie
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Sunny Sheffield
    Posts
    8,186
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 109 Times in 72 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by altern8
    I ordered two 18" tyres £73 each ordered on Friday arrived Tuesday Morning

    great service
    what were the tyres?

    we have a deal on with Simply at the moment

    crazy people never doubt their own sanity

  11. #11
    Forum Junkie Dicky Retardo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    just outside oxford!
    Posts
    1,479
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    i got my T1-R's from there! i reckon they must import them in from the states or japan more like to sell them as cheap as that.
    MiKeY...)

    Formerly "OxFoRd Ed....GTI" (stays in sig for 1 month)

  12. #12
    Forum Junkie
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Cocos (Keeling) Islands
    Posts
    7,245
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    I got the toyo t1-s 215/35/18 cheapest i found by far

  13. #13
    Forum User
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Forest Of Dean
    Posts
    411
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    195/40/R16 T1Rs for £54.60 each....over £20 cheaper per tyre than i could find anywhere else
    I race mountainbikes, so bare with me!

  14. #14
    Forum Junkie
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Sunny Sheffield
    Posts
    8,186
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 109 Times in 72 Posts

    Default

    I got some 245/40/17 888’s and Camskill couldn’t get close to Simply

    crazy people never doubt their own sanity

  15. #15
    Forum Junkie
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Cocos (Keeling) Islands
    Posts
    7,245
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    nice I might give them a call I need to order another two soon, There website is a bit pants thou no online prices

  16. #16
    Forum Junkie
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Sunny Sheffield
    Posts
    8,186
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 109 Times in 72 Posts

    Default

    We have a discount deal with them for club members so the prices to you wouldn’t be on the site anyway

    crazy people never doubt their own sanity

  17. #17
    Forum User
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Forest Of Dean
    Posts
    411
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    silly question no.1.....

    whats 'simply'?!?!
    I race mountainbikes, so bare with me!

  18. #18
    Forum Junkie Matt82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    GTI Scene
    Posts
    32,434
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts

    Default

    but once you have bought them you have to go through the tyre fitting lottery which i aint looking forward to.

    ill probably get Vredrestein this year, but as for fitting, no where seems to get it right first time (unless i head back out to wales for Big Al to do it again)
    Got an M3 instead

  19. #19
    Paid Member drunkenalan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Leicester
    Posts
    6,454
    Thanks
    32
    Thanked 19 Times in 17 Posts

    Default

    simply who?

    the local ATS want 18 quid per tyre if i buy them from else where!!! i have a friend in a little garage now! last time i went fiver a tyre!!

  20. #20
    Forum Junkie
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Sunny Sheffield
    Posts
    8,186
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 109 Times in 72 Posts

    crazy people never doubt their own sanity

  21. #21
    Forum Junkie
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Cocos (Keeling) Islands
    Posts
    7,245
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    I called simply and he quoted me £240 for two for the same tyres I just got from camskil for £73 each, Just for another quote I called another local place he said £105 fitted so they were even cheaper too.

    Cheers for the info thou

  22. #22
    Forum Junkie
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Sunny Sheffield
    Posts
    8,186
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 109 Times in 72 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by altern8
    I called simply and he quoted me £240 for two for the same tyres I just got from camskil for £73 each, Just for another quote I called another local place he said £105 fitted so they were even cheaper too.

    Cheers for the info thou

    So Simply wanted £120 each? Can you give me the size and model of tyre and I’ll ring him tomorrow, there’s something not right

    crazy people never doubt their own sanity

  23. #23
    Forum Junkie
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Cocos (Keeling) Islands
    Posts
    7,245
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    I asked him for 215/35/18s toyos t1-s just to compare like for like. He did say they are older stock they are replaced with "t1-r" his price was £239 to be precise

    heres the link from camskill

    http://www.camskill.co.uk/products.php?plid=m4b0s53p0

    I had the two I bought this week fitted £8 each so its cost me £81 delieverd and fitted thats darn cheap


    It would be good to see what price you get

    Cheers
    Craig

  24. #24
    Forum Junkie
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Sunny Sheffield
    Posts
    8,186
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 109 Times in 72 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by altern8
    I asked him for 215/35/18s toyos t1-s just to compare like for like. He did say they are older stock they are replaced with "t1-r" his price was £239 to be precise

    heres the link from camskill

    http://www.camskill.co.uk/products.php?plid=m4b0s53p0

    I had the two I bought this week fitted £8 each so its cost me £81 delieverd and fitted thats darn cheap


    It would be good to see what price you get

    Cheers
    Craig
    Was his price for the T1-s’s or the t1-R’s? was it like for like or one old style and one new pattern, I need to know before battering him

    crazy people never doubt their own sanity

  25. #25
    Forum Junkie Mike_H's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    iQuit
    Posts
    19,736
    Thanks
    24
    Thanked 17 Times in 13 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheSecondComing
    I found them tops as well. One tip is to get them to send a quick note properly signed off saying that the tyres are suitable for the vehicle in question.
    I ordered a pair of tyres for my old girl's passat, they were "H" rated as were the factory fit tyres. But she went down to the local tyre fitter and because I had previously fitted a set of higher "V" rated tyres they refused to fit them, showed her a letter from some tyre council saying it would invalidate the insurance, and as she had an MoT the next day she basically had to buy a set from the local tyre fitter at an inflated price.
    Basically the fitter blagged her.
    Great service from Camskill, rip-off service from Wells of Bangor!
    I think the moral of this story is: Send a woman to a garage - expect her to get ripped off!
    Megasquirt for the win!! Long Johns for the Win-(ter Mechanic!)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •