Mk2 Golf GTD

Discussion in 'Members Gallery' started by Golfamily7, Nov 9, 2008.

1. Golfamily7 Forum Member

Thought i would post up some pics of the newest member of my fleet. My 1991 Golf GTD. Bought in june with full 12 months MOT and 1 month tax for the princely sum of 420. Came with mim alloys with very good tyres, cd player, mint interior, sunroof, central looking, immobiliser, loads of paperwork etc. It had done 188,500 when i got it. Here she is:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    It is meant to be a car to use and abuse but i still wanted to sort a few things out. First up it had a bloody good clean and polish, next the water pump was leaking (needed toppping up for every 90 min driving, drove like this for 2 months!!) had a spare pump so did that followed by changing the alternator (knackered bearings) for a gti one i had lying around, had to strip them both down and bodge together as the GTD has a very different housing. Changed a few bits of broken trim, changed oil and filter, new coolant, k and n panel filter, weighted shift rod, full set of mudguards, put an electric aerial on it and refurbished the mim alloy wheels. All together i have spent 20 on it since purchase and it is utterly reliable, genuinely quick (i still go for the same overtakes i would in my gti on a and b roads) and handles really well on its soft suspension and no anti roll bars, may chnge this if i can be bothered sometime (too many other projects on the go and now a motorbike as well).
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Finally some exterior pics of how it looks now. It now 193,650 miles!! Roll on 200,000.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

My other new toy!
    [​IMG]

Thanks for looking, comments welcome.

2. danTbone Forum Member

looks like a nice clean golf you got your self there.
    like the white wheels aswell

3. conor2469 Forum Member

Nice car, i had a GTD, I loved it, regret I ever sold it!

4. Admin Guest

Looking good, the white wheels and the handles finish it off nicely. Lowering it would be a good idea too. :thumbup:

5. Golfamily7 Forum Member

;) Cheers bro, i may just do that.