Did any MK2s come with pollen filters?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Technical Queries' started by EZ_Pete, Nov 26, 2008.

1. LatemisterEd New Member

Did anyone have a go at fitting any of these options?

Would love to not have hot engine smell and lord knows what else being pumped into the cabin. Can't believe mk2s didn't have at least some kind of pollen filter as standard. Especially when you see the size of the audi filter box!

2. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

if your bulkhead is sealed properly you wont get any kind of fumes from your engine bay into the cabin, though it wont help stop fumes from other cars mind :lol:

3. LatemisterEd New Member

4. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

looks to me like the normal filter you get for the proper mk2 pollen filter housing, i.e. no good to you on its own!

the mot ran out on mine back in september and ive been so busy ive not even had time to put another one on it yet!

5. EZ_Pete

EZ_Pete Forum Junkie

It's the rubber seal along the top of the scuttle (item 28, here, I think, part number 701 823 737) that tends to get flattened down and leak over the years/decades.
    A few years ago (5?) you could buy these new, genuine from VW, not sure if that's still the case.
    An obvious sign that the new one was sealing better was that the bonnet was slightly harder to shut over the last few millimetres, where the seal was compressing.

I might well be selling my Mk2 shortly, perhaps my pollen filter and housing is worth selling separately? lol

Last edited: Nov 13, 2015
  6. pingman New Member

I'm desperate for the LAG19 filter housing, anyone found a place to get hold of them yet? :(

7. EZ_Pete

EZ_Pete Forum Junkie

You could try PM'ing me an offer for mine.
    Make it quite a generous offer and I'll consider throwing in the rest of the car (sitting unused in garage, no mot though).

8. pigbladder Forum Addict

i imported box fulls of these and no one wanted em lol , ended up selling em to usa

9. pingman New Member

:o :(