2E-E Pierburg carb

Discussion in 'Carburettor' started by ron_dave, Aug 2, 2009.

1. ron_dave New Member

Good day to every one ! Im new here..got a question regarding a 2E-E Pierburg carb.

Got a 2E-E Pierburg Carb on my Golf MK2 1991 CL 1.6engine manual transmission...Few days back until now Im experiencing running problems.

Engine runs well on cold start until it reaches operating temperature. When running at 30kph to 120kph at 1500rpm above there is a sudden feel of the engine experiencing fuel starvation.. its like you remove your foot off the accelarator pedal as in fact your pressing it down...you will feel like your engine braking. Once you force your foot down it goes back to normal. There are times my engine dies on me on the highway when switching gears and going to a full stop.

I already stripped the carb and cleaned it, bought a new accelarator cable, fuel pump and fuel filter. I check the fuel delivery on the lines and every things ok.

Can anyone help me pls.... thanks!

2. Supercharged Forum Member

When were the pull down unit and waxstat last changed? these parts roughly need changing every 60k miles or so...

3. EZ_Pete

EZ_Pete Forum Junkie

Is it definitely a 2EE not a 2E2? (2EE has lots of electrical/electronic bits and its own ECU).
    2E2 is pictured in many places in this section so compare what you have with what you see.

Is your location really Philippines? The 2EE was common in Germany but never made it to the UK, but I don't know where else the 2EE variant got to.

Have a look at the threads in the carb FAQ area of this site for some info on carb icing and the airbox features that help prevent it. Very common problem.

This site has good information on all the Pierburg carbs: www.ruddies-berlin.de

4. ron_dave New Member

Yup its a 2EE carb...got the car imported here in the philippines last 2000.

For sure the pull down unit and waxstat hasnt been replaced yet...got the car at 70k km on the reading..now at 96k km.

I already searched the carb faq...the 2E2 carb is really different from mine.

I got this link but too bad cant read it

http://www.ruddies.business.t-online.de/serv2ee.htm

5. ron_dave New Member

EZ Pete, thanks for the link...will my carb still experience carb icing even the car is in a tropical country?

Supercharged, ill try to check those too..

I was thinking...could it be my injector? does my carb have those as well?