paypal and lloyds tsb.. anyone else having issues?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by M7R, Jan 10, 2011.

1. M7R

M7R CGTI Regional Host

In the last month my paypal account has descided that it doesn't like my lloyds tsb account, and descided that because one isn't talking to the other it would wait untill the start of the new year and then charge all my purchases over the christmas hols to my works credit card! [:x] luckly my work seem pretty ok with this but its still damn annoying! has anyone else had this happen?

Its slightly odd though as some emails quote the last 4 numbers of my account and some seems to have the info missing, and all say the bank account has been removed... and yet I log on and it's still showing, (It just wasn't varified)

The only thing I can think of is I moved house in Dec and updated my bank details inbtween christmas and new year to my new address...so I have now just varified my account again with the 1 deposit they make in to your account.

the only other annoying thing is that I don't seem to be able to remove the credit card as it keeps saying there are transactions pending (stupidly I tried to send 100 back to my bank account from the balance of what I have sold on ebay in the last few days, and a few days before that I had tried to send 100 the other way)

anyone else had any issues the same?

2. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

Firstly, why did you use a company credit card as a backup funding option? :lol:

Secondly, sorry, i dont bank with LTSB, but paypal are complete ***** when it comes to payments. Ours was completely screwed when my wife and i married, even though the only thing that changed was my wifes name. It was already a joint account. I had to let rip into them till they let me add the bank account back in.

3. diggerbucket Forum Member

I've been using Paypal with my LTSB account with no problems :)

4. Collie Forum Junkie

no probs heere? have you got a new card maybe and th numbers need chhanging

5. Funky Diver Forum Member

If you make any changes on your paypal account, you'll find stuff fails like jiggery.

I added an email address and it cocked everything up, regular payments, etc. PayPal is one of those necessary evils, unfortunately, and I don't think internet commerce would now survive without it :(

6. M7R

M7R CGTI Regional Host

The comapny card is on there as I have bought a load of stuff off ebay and the net in the last year or so for work, so the easy option was rather than paying on my account and claiming it back just charge it staright to work.

Ill see if it all settles down now my account is linked to my new address that matches my new bank account address, fingers crossed

7. PeeJay Forum Junkie

No problems here with LTSB and PP per-se, well no more than I had with Natwest.

Over the years PP has caused me more stress than any other company I've ever had the misfortune of using, but they've got an almost total monopoly so I guess we're stuck with them.

I've found in the past trying to fix things like card details, bank details is total folly, the best course of action is to remove the card / account and then add it as new, you'll need to **** about with the two random payments lark again, but it'll be quicker in the long run.

8. M7R

M7R CGTI Regional Host

aahhhhhhhh It has deleted my bank account, but it has left the card linked, I think this is why it's thrown a worrbly, so I have now re-added my account and fingers crossed in a couple of days all will be well again.
    I know it has to be safe but it does seem like a load of faffing!