Metal coolant hose for AGG 8v engine

Discussion in 'Mk3' started by Mikey, Mar 22, 2011.

1. Mikey Forum Member

Noticed a slight water leak today on dads '96 8v Gti Golf
    The metal water hose that runs on the RHS of the engine, from the bulkhead area down under the main engine harness plug, & then runs in front of the dizzy to the oil cooler area is weeping coolant

Pic nicked off t'internet:
    [​IMG]
    Its started leaking just above the gearbox /starter motor area - I think its got a pinhole underneath where it rests on the block/bellhousing

How much do these cost & anyone think that chopping out the offending area & bridging the gap with a section of rubber hose & jubilees will work?

2. vw_singh Events Team Paid Member

The hose is pretty cheap from GSF/Euro Car parts. About 10.

Gurds

3. i.a.n.b Forum Junkie

If you can get non gen for 10 do it, 62 from VW these days.:o Part number if it helps is 037 121 065L.

4. Mikey Forum Member

vw singh - on the gsf website all I can see is this:
    179VG0060 METAL WATER PIPE G3 2.0 4.92> (Ch.1HNW400001>) 23.50

would that be the one?

Thanks ianb, was going to ask what the part no was! I was expecting a 40 to 45 price but that is shocking!

5. mad4vw's New Member

these all ways start leaking had one go on me on my mk2 gti it went where it teed off ,you could cut the section out and you a piece of hose and jubilee clips both sides ,but it's worth change as it might start to leak else where.:thumbup::lol:;) .

6. vw_singh Events Team Paid Member

The one I bought was for a mk2 so the mk3 part could cost more I guess? The is only one metal coolant hose on these engines but see if you can pop down your local branch to confirm it.

Gurds