Air - Fuel Ratio Gauge

Discussion in '1.8 & 1.8T' started by Gup16v, Feb 24, 2013.

1. Gup16v Forum Member

if i was to do that Jon..is it the actual lambda that is wideband/narrow or is it just the ecu that detects only the extremes ie Rich/Lean as opposed to Extremely Rich or Moderately Rich conditions.

If all lamda sensors as the same then a wideband gauge would just pick up condtions based on a series of different voltages as opposed to a narrowband sensor which would just pick up 0volts (Lean) or 5volts (rich) as an example?

2. dsj20v Forum Member

Bump up this thread as in process of doing mine, fancied the zietronix zt2 which does afr and egr but budget wont stretch that far so going for the aem wide band as mine runs me7.5ecu, just wondering how they mount? As getting downpipe made will have 2 bosses as have the 2 lambda however I know u can map out rear one so........... can I use boss 1 for lambda1 and boss2 for aem afr is it that straight forward then I presume powering up gauge

3. tshirt2k

tshirt2k Forum Junkie

Yes. A lot of people mount them close to the turbo but innovate one I have, recommend fitting at least a metre away on turbo cars as they shouldn't be seeing temps over 500 deg. Otherwise you can damage the sensor.

4. Jon Olds Forum Junkie

A wideband sensor and narrowband sensor produce different outputs. There is lots of tech info out there..