Golf gti mk2 16v external fuel pump housing

Discussion in 'Mk2' started by Rich1977, Mar 18, 2014.

1. Rich1977 New Member

I've discovered today that I have a small leak coming from where the reservoir is seemed.

Now as you will all know this item is now obsolete which leaves me with a dilemma, I've tried loads of breakers who haven't got any in my area, there's none on eBay, my local dealer has checked around and can't find any showing stock even Germany.

So what are the options?

If I run a inline pump and no swirl I will potentially suffer starvation.

The digi unit won't provide enough pressure

I've searched the net but no one as yet has come up with a alternative set up but it will be a issue that will effect us all in future

2. GG.

GG. Forum Member

I've seen K-jet GTI's converted to Walbro pumps, you can fab up a bracket and use the stock swirl pot with it.

3. Rich1977 New Member

That's the problem my swirl pot is split, and this is the part that's obsolete

4. Sirguydo

Sirguydo Fastest milkman in the West Paid Member

Don't know if this is just a stupid idea ! I've not had this problem yet ;) could we use a large fuel filter to replace reservoir ?
    Seems like a cheap fix if it will work but not had a look at the problem yet.

5. GG.

GG. Forum Member

Ah, I misread, I thought your pump housing was split. I guess you could use the swirl pot from any k-jet car (volvo, benz, etc.)?

BTW I looked up the part number for the accumulator:

KR - 431133441C
    Bosch direct replacement is available (part no. 0 438 170 027) around 150eur

PL - 853 133 441
    Bosch (part no. 0 438 170 042) around 170eur

EDIT:

Also KR accumulator alternative from Seat is available at 265eur. Quite pricey [:x]

Last edited: Mar 18, 2014
  6. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

yes use an inline kjet pump such as mk1 gti, plus an external fuel reservoir. the post-84 mk1 cabrio and scirocco as well as all g40 shape polo have one that is perfect. but any decent 4 outlet reservoir would do you. the main trouble is getting it all under there as you have pump, filter, reservoir and accumulator. the mk3 has a fuel filter carrier which might be handy to start with, or use the old mk2 metal pump carrier to fab something up