My white mk2 golf gti vr6 beast

Discussion in 'Members Gallery' started by DAVES GTI, Sep 25, 2014.

1. jasongtr Forum Member

is that a proper cage you are going for or an extension of the 'show' cage

2. DAVES GTI

DAVES GTI Forum Member

I would like to get a full proper cage but got to see how much they are if to much I just do a extension on my show cage :)

3. jasongtr Forum Member

each to their own mate, personally i would remove it entirely and enjoy the rear seats, for what its worth my cage once the guy has finished fitting it will cost around 2k, then it needs painting

4. DAVES GTI

DAVES GTI Forum Member

I would have the rear seat in but this golf is for the summers and for shows it gets tucked away for winter I have a corsa for every day use as with the golf I have to miss roads with big bumps as well lol

5. jasongtr Forum Member

avoiding speed bumps lol

6. DAVES GTI

DAVES GTI Forum Member

That's the only let down of having a low car around were I live I know ever road that has bumps so I know were to go but when I get lost I drive about and pray there are no bumps I drive like a old lady when lost lol if see a bump it is one wheel at a time :o

7. DAVES GTI

DAVES GTI Forum Member

think I have come to end with the golf I just cant get things done as the corsa has taken over don't know what to do with it :(

8. DAVES GTI

DAVES GTI Forum Member

So been thinking long and hard what to do with the golf I am going to keep it and get it ready for summer so I start on it Thursday :)

9. DAVES GTI

DAVES GTI Forum Member

So little update plan was to get the golf on the road 1st of may coz corsa tax ends this month so I got started on it about 3 weeks ago boot carpet fitted show plate is ready for shows speedo cable is all fitted was easy but could do with smaller hands lol got a new battery for it as old one went flat and looked passed it and I fitted my bonnet lifters so went to start it and sod all happened so pulled the push botton start out and tried that and got sod all so ordered new one tried again and did not work still so my mate towed it and we bumped it and it started so why its not starting on its own is the starter motor must of sized up where the car been sitting not started for over 6 months going to pick up a starter motor tomorrow but cant fit it until next week when my mate is going come over to help and plus have to work but work pays for the cars :)
    So now I am going to miss my date with getting it tax and mot and on the road for may so new date will be end of may so have a month with corsa still :)

10. DAVES GTI

DAVES GTI Forum Member

Hello everyone have not updated on here for about year .
    So do I still have the golf ? yes I do still enjoying it and changing bits and bobs just loving it :) I have even got my mate to buy one he got a red 5 door one looks sweet I will upload pics tomorrow and update mine what I done to mine and I get my mate to join just saying hello again :thumbup:

11. Sirguydo

Sirguydo Fastest milkman in the West Paid Member

It's 2 yrs 1 month since last update [:s] time flies lol

12. danvw799 Paid Member Paid Member

I love mk2's in white, great car :thumbup:

13. DAVES GTI

DAVES GTI Forum Member

yeah time does fly this is the only car I have kept the longest as well lol

14. DAVES GTI

DAVES GTI Forum Member

thank you mate

15. DAVES GTI

DAVES GTI Forum Member

Bit more update the golf is in front end strip down the last few months . end of summer the bonnet flipped up and smacked the windscreen and done the roof was not happy but my own fault :( so got a bonnet and windscreen but see there was bit more damage then we thought so me and my mate have stripped the front end down just got to get engine out .

So my plan is to go smooth engine bay with wire loom hidden battery going somewhere in the back off the car but not sure where yet as doing boot build and will be getting bucket seats I will try get some pics up :)

Also my everyday car now is a mk3 vr6 golf in grey on coliovers and on mk4 gti wheels :)

Last edited: Feb 7, 2018
  16. Adybrock New Member

Do you still own the mk2 dave?