The one that tried to get away ....

Discussion in 'Members Gallery' started by Nicko, Apr 1, 2016.

1. Nicko Forum Member

Work on the mk2 is very slow lately due to job hunt and other commitments.
    But on other news i needed to find a new daily so just put a deposit down on this guy

[​IMG]

2001 V5
    2 Owners
    71k and heaps of receipts for services

Hopefully collecting friday and won't be needed until mid Feb so that gives me time to check it over and clean the hell out of it. (Smells a bit funky but mostly from being parked up)
    Luckily have some bits and pieces left over from the last Bora so they're going to be fitted as well

Double Din Pioneer touch screen headhunt
    Reverse Camera
    Cup holder (always a necessity)

Also have some leftover door cards that i'm planning on trimming up ready to go in. Just need to decide on a material

It is incredibly red so a few things are going to be painted black to dilute it a bit
    Door side strips
    Bumper rub strips
    Grille
    And maybe vinyl black the roof

2. notenoughtime

notenoughtime Moderator Moderator

Set of coilovers and some decent rims and mop the lights all it needs

3. Nicko Forum Member

Pretty much, yeah
    It should all come together quite nicely

So keen to get the mk2 done though

4. notenoughtime

Indeed mine was at rollers! issues with wur going back Thursday morning to be sorted
    Never ending!

5. Nicko Forum Member

Well since i can't leave a car alone for 5 mins i thought i'd install the headunit i had in my old Bora

[​IMG]

Looking at the state of the wood trim which was either cracked, scratched or chipped i thought id spend some time with the carbon fibre vinyl

[​IMG]

I would have kept the wood effect because it actually looked pretty good but i'm kinda preferring this.
    Still need to finish off a few more bits and picking out some fabric to trim the pillars, doorcards and headliner but it's getting there

6. notenoughtime

Looks a better contrast with the carbon :thumbup:

7. Nicko Forum Member

Thanks buddy

8. Nicko Forum Member

You gotta love uncovering previous owners bodge jobs

I went to do an oil change on the Bora and noticed the sump plug was completed coated in silicon and some kind of putty. After not wanting to poke too much, off to ATS we go to get them to have a look - The diagnosis = cracked sump and instead of replacing they just tried to plug the hole because a new one costs 402 pounds!!
    Luckily found a company on eBay selling them for 75 posted so now all back together and rolling better than ever.

Also picked up some standard VW Santa Monica wheels for a grand total of 20 squid to keep the OEM look going, they just need a quick refurb and maybe a new tyre then it's MOT time

Cannot thank ATS- Beaconsfield enough - This went from a 402 pound (just for sump) to a 300 pound trip with new sump fitted, oil and filter with fuel filter change woooooo

Progress on the mk2 is non-existent at the moment which is frustrating but at least the Bora is running properly

9. Nicko Forum Member

Due to a new job and the Bora needing more than just a service to get up to scratch has put the mk2 on the back burner unfortunately.
    On the plus side i now have the wiring loom all modified ready to install and completely stripped the engine bay ready for the holes to be filled then onto paint.

Sold one of the ABF's onto a friend that's dropping it into a mk1 caddy on some weber 45's (should be pretty sweet)

And in more recent news i've bought another Bora. This time it had to be a diesel due to the commute.
    Already came on FK coilovers and a set of 16" Extreme Offset Wheels (already prefer it)
    Swapped over some bits and pieces from the red one to the new one and even sourced some black and red mk4 Recaros to drop in (Just need to collect them now)

Anyways - back to the build