Brentacre Insurance
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 81

Thread: S3 trackcar

  1. #51
    Moderator notenoughtime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    3,340
    Thanks
    684
    Thanked 498 Times in 392 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by James W View Post
    Yes indeed tell me more

  2. #52
    Moderator notenoughtime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    3,340
    Thanks
    684
    Thanked 498 Times in 392 Posts

    Default

    Yellow s3 has sold just waiting for the guy to tell me the black one is ready to collect

    We have booked brands for jan 18th where 7 of us are attending

    3 Audi’s S3’s
    1 Seàt cupra R
    1 puma
    1 Mazda rx8
    1 fiesta ST

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to notenoughtime For This Useful Post:


  4. #53
    Moderator notenoughtime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    3,340
    Thanks
    684
    Thanked 498 Times in 392 Posts

    Default

    Off to see the black Audi S3 tomorrow will keep you posted

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to notenoughtime For This Useful Post:


  6. #54
    Moderator notenoughtime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    3,340
    Thanks
    684
    Thanked 498 Times in 392 Posts

    Default

    Went and viewed the S3 today and found that left rear corner has to much toe in possibly due to the accident! and hasn’t been rectified by the workshop which I was a bit annoyed about to say the least!

    I left without leaving a deposit as had to make some calls as it needs to go on a jig to be sorted, although we do have the spare white shell (this was always in my mind) if anything went wrong with the yellow S3.

    I spoke to a guy who pulls a few cars for me and he said it should be doable I called the guy back and we had a deal, inc new set of wets and another set of inters on team dynamics 1.2s and drivers seat also inc as I didn’t think it was coming with one, spare bumper and some other bits n pieces

    What I’ve thought is worse ways we have a quick S3 which basically needs some bodywork doing, if the shell turns out to be that bad we can just swap everything over to the white car

    Spec is
    247 bhp 287ft/ib torque
    Rebuilt box with Gripper diff (new this year) with 2k of receipts
    Bag tank in boot
    Full FIA Cage
    Lightweight doors, tailgate, bonnet
    Perspex windows
    Plumbed in extinguisher
    BC coilovers
    Last edited by notenoughtime; 30th December 2017 at 16:30.

  7. #55
    Moderator notenoughtime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    3,340
    Thanks
    684
    Thanked 498 Times in 392 Posts

    Default

    Picked the car up last night and it definitely needs some sorting which we have done a bit today

    Had a large type battery in passenger side which was removed today and replaced with a much smaller odyssey battery and at the same time moved the fire extinguisher so we can get a passenger seat in

    Going over the car it has all the right bits but the shell in my opinion is past it’s best now and future plans will be to build another shell copying all the mountings etc and modifying if needed to make things neater, then swap all the parts across which tbh won’t be a lot

    Looking at the loom I think I’ll make a bespoke one from scratch

    Pics to follow

  8. #56
    CGTI Committee - Happy helper at large Toyotec's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Creating Pfredstarke
    Posts
    16,365
    Thanks
    3,003
    Thanked 2,883 Times in 1,634 Posts

    Default

    I must pop around to have a 'see' sometime soon.

  9. #57
    Moderator notenoughtime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    3,340
    Thanks
    684
    Thanked 498 Times in 392 Posts

    Default

    It will be at brands on the 18th along with the other 9 cars attending in our group

    We are doing a full day

  10. #58
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    768
    Thanks
    132
    Thanked 114 Times in 73 Posts

    Default

    We need some pictures before you have fun ragging it around brands!

  11. #59
    Moderator notenoughtime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    3,340
    Thanks
    684
    Thanked 498 Times in 392 Posts

    Default

    Few pics for you guys



    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BF376480-2588-42B7-AF06-39FAA3EF09C2.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	178.9 KB 
ID:	6452

    I moved the extinguisher and bolted the odyssey battery in the passenger side, just need to put passenger seat in along with the foot rest

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	28D4FF1A-AF9A-4403-99EA-A53EA1152C89.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	151.9 KB 
ID:	6453

    Seat from yellow car fitted today

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	E2548A1E-FBCC-4238-A400-18C95CD96ABC.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	137.5 KB 
ID:	6454

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	36F72610-D37F-48DD-AC31-863B81C01C03.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	157.6 KB 
ID:	6455

  12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to notenoughtime For This Useful Post:


  13. #60
    Moderator notenoughtime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    3,340
    Thanks
    684
    Thanked 498 Times in 392 Posts

    Default

    I took the Audi up the road for a quick tester and it has much much more torque and pulls like a train compared to the yellow one
    Actually had trouble getting the power down even in fourth gear but the road was a little damp

    Looking forward to next Thursday even more now!

  14. #61
    Moderator notenoughtime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    3,340
    Thanks
    684
    Thanked 498 Times in 392 Posts

    Default

    So you guys ask for pics and not even a reply, it gets worse on here!

  15. #62
    CGTI Committee - Happy helper at large Toyotec's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Creating Pfredstarke
    Posts
    16,365
    Thanks
    3,003
    Thanked 2,883 Times in 1,634 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by notenoughtime View Post
    It will be at brands on the 18th along with the other 9 cars attending in our group

    We are doing a full day
    Next Thursday...Might pop by

  16. #63
    Paid Member 1.8T_mk2's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    524
    Thanks
    277
    Thanked 96 Times in 49 Posts

    Default

    You need to change your user id to notenoughS3s

    Defo got potential this one
    Audi Allroad 2.5 TDi
    MK2 Golf 20v Turbo
    MK3 Golf 20v Turbo
    Build thread :- http://www.clubgti.com/forum/showthread.php?t=204978

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to 1.8T_mk2 For This Useful Post:


  18. #64
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    On a race track
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by notenoughtime View Post
    Few pics for you guys



    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BF376480-2588-42B7-AF06-39FAA3EF09C2.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	178.9 KB 
ID:	6452

    I moved the extinguisher and bolted the odyssey battery in the passenger side, just need to put passenger seat in along with the foot rest

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	28D4FF1A-AF9A-4403-99EA-A53EA1152C89.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	151.9 KB 
ID:	6453

    Seat from yellow car fitted today

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	E2548A1E-FBCC-4238-A400-18C95CD96ABC.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	137.5 KB 
ID:	6454

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	36F72610-D37F-48DD-AC31-863B81C01C03.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	157.6 KB 
ID:	6455
    Looks good, if you’re wanting to race this I know a good race series. ????
    The Classic VW Cup....the place to race your pre-2003 VAG brand car!

    www.classicvwcup.com
    Twitter: @Challengevw

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to Classic VW Cup For This Useful Post:


  20. #65
    Moderator notenoughtime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    3,340
    Thanks
    684
    Thanked 498 Times in 392 Posts

    Default

    I’ll have a look into it

    We couldn’t adjust the mirrors so swapped the ones from the white car today, some new competition nankang NS2Rs as I think it may be a little damp next week and the slicks won’t cut it

    Yellow Audi is having a full cage fitted and should be ready tomorrow but is definitely going to need to go on a diet once that is back I’ll send the white car off for a full cage so it’s ready if we need it

    Tomorrow’s plans are to get the passenger seat fitted and sort the manifold blow and we are ready!

  21. #66
    Paid Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    3,495
    Thanks
    61
    Thanked 319 Times in 244 Posts

    Default

    Black S3 my kind of car, no bling, just the parts needed to make it go...
    Jon

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to Jon Olds For This Useful Post:


  23. #67
    Moderator notenoughtime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    3,340
    Thanks
    684
    Thanked 498 Times in 392 Posts

    Default

    Thanks Jon definitely no bling needs some tidying in places

  24. #68
    Paid Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    3,495
    Thanks
    61
    Thanked 319 Times in 244 Posts

    Default

    Danger is if you spend too long making a show car, you can get frightened to use it, in case it gets scratched!
    Keep us updated
    Jon

  25. #69
    Moderator notenoughtime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    3,340
    Thanks
    684
    Thanked 498 Times in 392 Posts

    Default

    Another interior shot, padding has been changed today as was horrible faded red colour.

    The manifold to turbo gasket has also been changed which was a bit of a pain to do as whoever fitted it previously used 16mm nuts and there was no way of getting a spanner on them as it’s an aftermarket tubular manifold so driveshaft, downpipe, wishbone had to be removed just for this one gasket! I’ve changed them to cap head bolts for easy maintenance in the future, but I will change them again for multispline nuts with studs once I’ve ordered them.

    Didn’t manage to sort the seat today as had to collect a track prepared Clio 172 this morning which we will take Thursday also

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D44F2A5D-4825-4030-9275-057AA17C41F0.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	96.5 KB 
ID:	6501

  26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to notenoughtime For This Useful Post:


  27. #70
    Moderator notenoughtime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    3,340
    Thanks
    684
    Thanked 498 Times in 392 Posts

    Default

    Only just got home after an early start today As usual few bits left till the last minute! but passenger seat mounts welded in and matching seat fitted and harness fitted

    Yellow car was collected this morning at 7am from cage fabricators then had to have seats refitted and signwriting applied

    I’ve dropped the Clio off tonight at brands as we are a trailer short but that’s ready to go in the morning

  28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to notenoughtime For This Useful Post:


  29. #71
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    768
    Thanks
    132
    Thanked 114 Times in 73 Posts

    Default

    Have a good day!

  30. #72
    CGTI Committee - Happy helper at large Toyotec's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Creating Pfredstarke
    Posts
    16,365
    Thanks
    3,003
    Thanked 2,883 Times in 1,634 Posts

    Default

    Keep us posted on your progress.

  31. #73
    Moderator notenoughtime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    3,340
    Thanks
    684
    Thanked 498 Times in 392 Posts

    Default

    Well after a hell of a night as our dog was scared of the wind blowing a gale from 2am and not getting much more than 4 hours sleep we headed off at 6.30am to sit in a 2 hour traffic jam at the dartford crossing, just what you need after a night like that!

    It was bit of a mix up as briefing was at 8.30 and it was 8.25 by the time we pulled into the paddock, so a rush into the briefing room, signing on then unload the cars for sighting laps (we didn’t make these) and then the noise test definitely not the usual way around!

    During the briefing there was a mention of things being loose on the cars and I’d forgot to bolt the hinges on! I had remembered at 6.30 but hadn’t actually remembered to pick the bolts up from the workshop!!! We had no spares with us but the Clio was there and donated several 8mm bolts from its slam panel.

    We were just about to go out for delayed sighting laps and another vehicle had decided to drop the contents of its gearbox oil around the track on its first lap, definitely not the best start to the day

    Fueling the Clio up at garage the previous night

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9E180E7A-FCE5-4E0F-8F8F-E8E20CFAA266.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	131.1 KB 
ID:	6631

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0DB600C3-5046-4CB7-8FCD-E549E62804F7.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	162.7 KB 
ID:	6632

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0089DA45-17B4-4CFF-852C-635D11935FCC.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	109.5 KB 
ID:	6633
    Last edited by notenoughtime; 18th January 2018 at 19:38.

  32. The Following User Says Thank You to notenoughtime For This Useful Post:


  33. #74
    Forum User
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    S.Yorks
    Posts
    113
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by notenoughtime View Post
    Well after a hell of a night as our dog was scared of the wind blowing a gale from 2am and not getting much more than 4 hours sleep we headed off at 6.30am to sit in a 2 hour traffic jam at the dartford crossing, just what you need after a night like that!

    It was bit of a mix up as briefing was at 8.30 and it was 8.25 by the time we pulled into the paddock, so a rush into the briefing room, signing on then unload the cars for sighting laps (we didn’t make these) and then the noise test definitely not the usual way around!

    During the briefing there was a mention of things being loose on the cars and I’d forgot to bolt the hinges on! I had remembered at 6.30 but hadn’t actually remembered to pick the bolts up from the workshop!!! We had no spares with us but the Clio was there and donated several 8mm bolts from its slam panel.

    We were just about to go out for delayed sighting laps and another vehicle had decided to drop the contents of its gearbox oil around the track on its first lap, definitely not the best start to the day

    Fueling the Clio up at garage the previous night

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9E180E7A-FCE5-4E0F-8F8F-E8E20CFAA266.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	131.1 KB 
ID:	6631

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0DB600C3-5046-4CB7-8FCD-E549E62804F7.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	162.7 KB 
ID:	6632

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0089DA45-17B4-4CFF-852C-635D11935FCC.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	109.5 KB 
ID:	6633
    What seats are those in the Clio, I quite like them.

  34. #75
    Forum User
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    S.Yorks
    Posts
    113
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
    Last edited by notenoughtime; 18th January 2018 at 20:53.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •