Tyre pressure help please. Mk2 Golf on 16" Borbet A's

Discussion in 'Wheels and Tyres' started by ColStone, Jun 17, 2017.

1. ColStone

ColStone Paid Member Paid Member

Hi just wondered if anyone can let me know what tyre pressures I should be running on my Mk2 G60 with 195 45 16 fronts on 7.5J's and 215 40 16 on 9J rears.
    Any advice would be much appreciated, had a 20 break from GTI's so can't remember what it used to be.

2. jamesa Forum Junkie

Standard 16v GTI runs 32# / 29# I believe, start from there ... what suspension and tyres please ?

3. ColStone

Hi the standard G60 runs higher tyre pressures to the 16V, the label in the fuel cap says 38 front and 35 rear but that's for the 15" wheels with 195 50 15 tyres. I'm on Bilstein B14 coilovers with Toyo T1R tyres.
    Cheers

4. jamesa Forum Junkie

Thanks ... I`d try those standard pressures and see how it feels, you`ll need to experiment unless someone else can advise ?

I used to find that the Toyo`s had a softer sidewall than other makes and used to `squirm` (180bhp 16v).

5. ColStone

Changed to the standard G60 tyre pressures and it felt much better so will stick to those now, thank you.

jamesa likes this.