Thread: Hello from cumbria

Paid Member
    Thanks

Question Hello from cumbria

Hi every one.

Iv spent a good amount of time reeding on here and found out a lot of useful info so far. so I thought I'd become a played member and introduce my self before I start firing question about.

In the spring I got my self a golf mk2 which has a 20v t conversion running a k04 setup. She was pretty lively but had a host of issues (bodges) so over the summer iv been slowly putting things right. Hopefully before the bad weather and dark nights set in it'll be back together and running properly.

I used to have a golf mk4 gti which first got me into tinkering with cars. Iv since had a Mazda 6 Mps which I bought standard and turned into a street sleeper with 370bhp. I then went on to a megane rs250 which I took on track a few times. Its handling was awesome but Renault reliability kept letting me down. So now I plod about in a ford ranger and have my mk2 as a project. It is to be a weekend toy and hopefully take back on track without to much worry of having to drive home on cooked breaks and ruined tyres.

I live i n west Cumbria (Millom) there's seems to be quite a good vag following around. Any locals lurking on here?

I'll post up a few pics this evening of how the mk2 currently stands.

Chris.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,102 Times in 876 Posts

Welcome
    As a paid member it's easy to post pictures
    Looking forward to seeing your project .
    Which tracks you been to ?

Tesla Model S 70D so much torque its ridiculous
    Work navara pickup good for towing mk2s about
    Mk 2 vw cup track car Tsr PAC A head , engine in bits
    Gti engineering RE2000 no1 rusty bits , car in bits
    Gti Engineering RE2000 no2 cooked engine and a few rusty bits,engine out ,new engine acquired

Thanks

Hi and welcome

Get some pics up! glad you have joined up as a paid member already

Paid Member
    Thanks

Tracks visited so far are Oulton park, Aintree, Bedford the nurburg ring new circuit and nordschlife
    I'll be looking to try croft and go back to oulton again when the golf is back together.

A good bit of road driving first to get any niggles sorted.

I'm struggling with uploading pics ATM as my phone keeps crashing when I open my gallery. I'll have to dig out the laptop.

Ps. Thanks for the welcome chaps