1989 Mk2 Golf 1.3 Stolen

Discussion in 'Stolen' started by tapehead_01, Aug 12, 2017.

1. tapehead_01 New Member

Hi, my car was stolen some time after 10pm last night from outside my house. Location is in Bexley area, Kent.

1989 Mk2 Golf 1.3, paint code LA5B, blue. Car is pretty much stock. If it ends up being broken the chassis number is WVWZZZ1GZKW625431 (if that is in anyway helpful). Reg is F657 MGU.

If anyone sees it dumped in a ditch somewhere or has any information that could be helpful please let me know!

Many thanks.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Sirguydo

Sirguydo Fastest milkman in the West Paid Member

Gutted for you I hope it turns up in a reasonable order .

3. notenoughtime

notenoughtime Moderator Moderator

Terrible let us know if it turns up

4. tapehead_01 New Member

Thank you for the support, I'll definitely let you all know if it shows up

5. tapehead_01 New Member

Alright, an update on the story. Really good news actually, the Police found the car near-ish to where I live, apparently some kids had been doing doughnuts with it and had abandoned it but superficially the only damage is a flat tyre, a missing rear bumper and a knackered ignition barrel from the hot-wiring. I know the car isn't anything special but I'm really happy that I'm getting it back!

8bitAl, beetie, Sirguydo and 2 others like this.
  6. notenoughtime

notenoughtime Moderator Moderator

Excellent news

7. shane d Forum Member

Good news story. Glad you got sorted.

8. Sirguydo

BRILLIANT:thumbup:

9. tapehead_01 New Member

The story about this car gets weirder and weirder... So I got it back from the pound a few days ago and noticed that the odometer had about 800 more miles on it since it had been stolen. It seems the car was kept running or was needed for something - the spare tyre had been fitted and the original discarded at some point, the exhaust had dropped but was reattached with rope and the alternator, which I guess had fallen off after the car went over a large bump (the front wing and lower valance are dented) was reattached with a make-shift bolt. Even weirder though is that I swear that the car runs much better than when it left. Before it was stolen I'd been having a problem with it misfiring for the first 20 or so seconds when started from cold, and sometimes struggling to return to idle after being revved. These problems have completely disappeared and I've done multiple tests to make sure I'm not just imagining this.

Now the car was returned with electrical tape on the plates to change the reg number to E867 MGO, however I heard from a neighbour that he'd seen the car a while ago but that he didn't think it was mine because it had french plates on it. It's also worth noting that the police found the car because of reports it was being driven around by kids, but they can't have been the first people to have it. The man who stole it (in his 40s, big sideburns and came with a dog) was captured on CCTV and was alone. So I assume the car must've been used to commit a crime up to 400 miles away, but then for some reason returned to near where I live and abandoned for some kids to find it later and muck around with it.

10. 89Alpine Forum Member

Bizarre! Glad you got it back.

11. Sirguydo

30 years ago an older friend of mine had his Robin Reliant nicked on Friday night .
    He got it back Sunday without a mark of damage :o more petrol in the tank than when stolen , 2.45p in the footwell and some Blackpool rock wrappers on the back seat . lol

12. shane d Forum Member

Bizarre but very very very interesting.

13. Finite

Finite Paid Member Paid Member

Last edited: Dec 2, 2017