Lambda wiring mk2 ABF conversion

Discussion in 'Electrical' started by b3nny8oy, Aug 12, 2017.

1. b3nny8oy New Member

Can anyone shine some light on the location of a loose wire.
    It was previously attached at F/08.
    I have spliced the ABF loom to my CE1 D plug as per Rubjonny's how to's and fusebox faq.
    The current flow diagram shows that it ends up at ECU pin 12 but I never had a pin here to start with.
    The other 3 (white/red, yellow and white) end up where the diagram shows but I still have a mystery brown on it's own :cry:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

ECU-J220, Lambda-G39, Brown wire-T4/2 (apparently terminating at T68/12) :thumbd:

2. b3nny8oy New Member

[urlhttp://s32.photobucket.com/user/b3nny8oy/media/Lambda%20fusebox%20pinout_zpsfvrjypyf.png.html?sort=3&o=0[/url]

[urlhttp://s32.photobucket.com/user/b3nny8oy/media/Lambda%20current%20diagram_zps0y7fyx5a.png.html?sort=3&o=1[/url]

3. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

F/8 is just the earth for the heater, pop it to the claw above the fusebox or battery negative whatever is easier for you.

what diagram are you looking at? mine just shows the wire going direct to F/8 from lambda plug T4/2

4. Toyotec

Toyotec CGTI Committee - Happy helper at large Admin

Volkswagen ABF wiring diagrams have been shared on the this forum for all here.
    I have done this recently as an addition to the "How to ABF your MK2" that I wrote over 10 years ago. Please utilize it.
    Regardless of electrical architecture you have fitted to your Golf MK2, HEGO sensors have the fused heater circuit powered by the fuel pump output with an earth back to the chassis.
    On the ABF 037906024G/AB/BE/CE ECUs, the EGO signal back to the ECU is on T68/20 and the signal earth is in on T68/42 as per any VW official diagram.