Anyone know what happened to my G60 Edition One, registration G6 TEE??

Discussion in 'Mk2' started by blackspaven, Sep 18, 2017.

1. blackspaven Forum Member

Next year it'll be ten years since I sold it on and just curious if anyone knows whether it's still up and running or if someone's stoved it into a hedge?! Was in fantastic condition in almost complete factory fettle (apart from just having standard Golf badging on the front/rear and Jetta blanks on the sides so only those who knew the colour/bonnet sticker would get it) when I sold it to get a bigger family car but then I saw it shortly after and the new owner had slammed it and put oversize alloys on it amongst other things, which helped as it completely killed any sentimental feeling I had about it, but it would be good to know if it's still around and about.

The G6TEE registration always got a lot of attention at shows and stuff! lol

2. Toyotec

Toyotec CGTI Committee - Happy helper at large Admin

I know of G60TE.

G60TE.jpg

3. Toyotec

4. Sirguydo

Sirguydo Fastest milkman in the West Paid Member

Eddie I do believe it's still 2017 so it's motd until next June the 25th lol

5. Toyotec

Blimey, too much going on no doubt!

Then the car must be alive and taken off the road for the autumn/winter.

6. blackspaven Forum Member

The reg is up for sale as of April this year so it's been taken off the car for some reason.

7. Sirguydo

Sirguydo Fastest milkman in the West Paid Member

The reg doesn't necessarily have to be taken off the vehicle to be put up for sale . Lots of reg sale places will stick your plate on their site and take a commission if and when it sells .

8. MK2EO New Member

Hi, you're sure is an dition One ? I think not. Another picture ?

9. blackspaven Forum Member

Yup, definitely a g60 edition one in aubergine but there's no picture of it on here. Clue is kind of in the fact the reg doesn't say G6 TEE.

10. blackspaven Forum Member

That one looks like Atlas Grey.

11. GVK

GVK Paid Member Paid Member

Friend of mine bought this some years ago (2010ish), had a BAM 20vt conversion on Qpeng ECU.

Sadly the car was involved in a fatal accident in 2011 where a drunk was run over, car needed a new roof etc.

It sat damaged for some time but was repaired to it's former glory and eventually sold when my friend started a family.

He sold it about a year ago at a guess, don't know where too though.

Reg was probably sold as car is no longer a G60?

Only pic I can see on his FB.

[​IMG]G6TEE by GVKmotorsport, on Flickr

Last edited: Feb 24, 2018
  12. blackspaven Forum Member

Really, well obviously that sucks for the bloke run over, but from a car point of view that seems pretty sacriligious to put a different engine in a highly sought after limited edition motor. Such a shame it wasn't kept as is but there you go. Do you know the details of the damage at all?

As I said, the bloke in Reading who bought it off me killed it for me with his pimping (which made it easier to see the couple of times I saw it driving around town), but any idea if anything else was done to it as I properly cherished that. Didn't even have to advertise it when I sold it, got the offer just via word of mouth even before I'd completely made my mind up whether I wanted to sell it or not!

13. GVK

My friend bought it from Reading area and it was converted to a 20 valve before he bought it.

Damage as said was mainly the roof caved in from a central impact, I think his biggest issue on the rebuild was finding a decent headlining.

I didn't have much to do with the car other than diagnosing a faulty crank sensor for him when the car was in storage and wouldn't start.

14. blackspaven Forum Member

Just seen the picture (didn't show on my phone), and yes, that was the car in question. When I had it though, it was pretty much externally totally stock except I'd debadged G60 from the grill and rear and put jetta black blanks in the external door inserts which normally were red with GTi on (which are still on in that picture), so everything was returnable to factory standard. I'd even got a custom exhaust made for better performance but with tailpipes that looked identical to factory, ie. one ring outside each working pipe. The engine only had a slightly smaller pulley and custom ecu so all retro fixable but still puched out 190-200 bhp.
    Couple of trick features, but very subtle ones you had to look to see... I changed the interior lighting so apart from the main interior light, ALL the switches and dials lit up blue way before it was easy to get blue leds like in xmas lights. A LOT of happy hours with a soldering iron and working out how to wire everything just so to get it all to work, and again, all easy to switch back. Just remembered I put a Vectra beesting aerial on it, removing the inbuilt rear windscreen water pump and replacing it with a blue LED linked to the alarm so I could see it from a distance. Loved that mod. Pretty sure I fitted a 6 cd autochanger in the glovebox with matching blue carpet surround from a second hand Edition One rear binnacle. Hah, happy days.

Ah well.

15. blackspaven Forum Member

Probably a reasonable chance it was converted by The Phirm as myself and the guy who bought it off me both knew Tim pretty well at the time. (when they were over Rushmoor/Tilford way before moving to Blackwater). Get the impression the buyer was a bit showy judging by the daft blown out rims it turned up with the first time I saw it after it was sold... it was very then, but I always thought the classic look suited it better. He didn't want the reg plate but went to a few shows with it on and got a lot of attention so came back and bought it off me after all! Lol

Any idea how much it was bought/sold for at all? Trying to think how much I got for it for but I think I bought it for about 6k (possibly 5k but sounds a bit low) around 1999 or so and wasn't sold for a hell of a lot less 8 odd years later.

Should stop thinking about it as it's a gutter what happened even before the accident. Still, we move on. Thanks very much for letting me know what came of it.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2018
  16. GVK

Not sure who converted it sorry.

No problem, sorry I didn't see this thread before today!

17. blackspaven Forum Member

No worries, not bothered who killed, sorry, converted it (;)), but good to know where it ended up. Hopefully, it's been restored to how it should be in my eyes but we live in hope. :)

18. GVK

Seem to remember him buying it for around 8-9k at the time, no idea how much it sold for sorry.

Think it was just repaired with a roof off a donor car and fully resprayed. Still had same big BBS rims on it and sometimes Porsche 928 wheels.

19. blackspaven Forum Member

Hah, guess I should have kept it if it increased that much in price, but I guess the expense of bunging a 20v and other stuff in it probably cost quite a bit. Wonder how much it would have been worth now if I'd have just left it in the garage as relatively standard as it was? To be fair, I only ever had a master slave cylinder go on it in the 9 or so years I had it so it cost me nothing in repairs but it started to lose coolant from somewhere random so lord know what that might have been and cost. Still, it was a good price for it when I sold it so no regrets and I got a brand new 1.8t Octavia estate so almost as quick but a ton more space and comfort. Kept thinking of increasing the bhp on that to 200 or a bit more but I drive a fire engine so driving mad style through red lights and cutting through traffic kind of makes you not feel the need to drive fast in one's home life. :lol:

20. Farmerchris

Farmerchris Paid Member Paid Member

Just spotted this on the cgti Facebook page

Attached Files: