Jmr club engine mounts

Discussion in 'Mk1' started by nass, Sep 25, 2017.

1. nass Forum Member

Hi guys I'm fitting a tsfi engine in mk1 got the side engine mount from epytec but can someone please tell me if the jmr mounts fit on the front engine and rear of gearbox
    Thanks
    Nas

2. Toyotec

Toyotec CGTI Committee - Happy helper at large Admin

TFSI engine but which gearbox?

3. nass Forum Member

Oh yeah
    02a corrado 16v box
    Nas

4. Toyotec

Toyotec CGTI Committee - Happy helper at large Admin

I will point Jason here...

5. nass Forum Member

Thank you Eddie

6. daniboy1_2_3 Forum Member

Been speaking to JMR about these today and it looks like the rubber bushing is being changed to a polybush in both mounts. I asked if this was likely to increase engine vibration and he said its a medium polybush and shouldn't increase vibration. I'm interested in purchasing front and rear mounts for my mk1 16vg60 conversion and JMR mentioned that there would be a discount if there was a group purchase. I believe they will fit 02A/J gearboxes. Any interest?

7. nass Forum Member

I got my ones from kamracing in the end daniboy sorry buddy anyway how is your 16vg60 coming along it's been a few years now

8. daniboy1_2_3 Forum Member

Hi mate I'll have a look at their site. My rebuild has come to a standstill again after a break up and subsequent court appearances to try and got a fair amount of time with my son. Been pretty screwed over, the family courts don't seem to want fathers to be as involved in children's lives as much as mothers for some reason. Very sad but true. Once I can summon the energy I'll have another crack at it. I thought maybe a few new things would spur me on. The shell is still in the bodyshop on a roll over jig awaiting underseal and the final stages of prep then paint. I'll get there eventually.

9. nass Forum Member

Sorry to here that buddykeep in touch and let's know how your progress is on the mk1 I decided to go tfsi with rotrex charger in my mk1

10. daniboy1_2_3 Forum Member

Sounds superb. Do you have a thread running?. Im going to get in touch with the bodyshop soon and ask if he can get the underseal on so i can get all the running gear in place over the winter

11. nass Forum Member

No thread yet Danny I'm just collecting the kw2s comp big brakes and then I'll start a thread

12. daniboy1_2_3 Forum Member

Do you have the engine and supercharger? Sounds like a powerful combination, where are you based? Are you doing much of the work yourself?

13. nass Forum Member

Yes the engine is in my corrado going to take it out over Christmas I was going to go 16vg60 as I have a brand new bahn brenner kit but went of the idea send me your contact number and I'll post you some pics on WhatsApp

14. daniboy1_2_3 Forum Member

It's 07754236189.