** PRICE REDUCED NOW £2200 **

Hello,

I have reluctantly decided to part with my GTD (intercooled turbo diesel) as it's just not getting used enough. I have owned it since 2011 but only done around 4 thousand miles in that time. I bought it from a lady who had owned it since 2008. Before her it had had 2 previous owners.

It is very original and has all old mot's, stamped service book, 2 sets of keys, always well looked after & maintained. Very recently (last week) had oil & filter change. It runs really well and is fantastic on fuel, it will do 60+ mpg on a run. SB engine code 80bhp.

The bodywork is great. The bad point on the body is in the usual area that 5 doors suffer from just below the lock on the inside of the rear offside door (see pic). It could be repaired or you could just change the door. Also the boot does not unlock with the key, but unlocks & locks with the central locking. The rev counter does not work (loose wire on alternator?)

It had the top back corner of the inner wings professionally welded and sealed so there will be no surprises there rust wise.

A very solid reliable car. There is no rust or rot in the usual mk2 rot spots (apart from the door as previously mentioned). It passed its MOT in May with no advisories.

Price:£2950 ** PRICE REDUCED NOW £2200 **

Contact details: 0115 9394650

Location: DERBY / NOTTINGHAM (2 MINUTES FROM JUNCTION 25 OF THE M1)

Make: VW

Model: GOLF GTD

Year/Reg:1991 J REG

Mileage: 99725

MOT: 19 MAY 2018

Tax:

Good points: VERY GOOD CONDITION, VERY ORIGINAL, LOW NUMBER OF OWNERS, LOW MILEAGE FOR YEAR, ALL OLD MOTS, 2 SETS OF KEYS, 60+ MPG

Bad points: NEEDS THE BACK DOOR REPAIRING OR A NEW BACK DOOR - SEE PIC. BOOT LOCK DOES NOT OPEN WITH KEY (BUT WORKS WITH REMOTE). DENT ON BONNET AND WING (NO DAMAGE TO PAINT & COULD EASILY BE REMOVED BY DENT REPAIR MAN). REV COUNTER NOT WORKING.

Pictures:

I forgot a couple of things in my ad -

Bad points: The parcel shelf is a little bent in the middle - see pic.

Good points: the interior is unmarked & has great headlining. It is always kept under a cover. Also has a Pioneer face off cd player (I have the original Panasonic radio cassette for it somewhere which I will include if I can find it!). It is VERY economical - on long journeys it returns 60+mpg. Around town and short journeys it is still returns 50+mpg. Good tyres all round. Engine does not drip any oil. Dry inside - no water leaks anywhere.

It does not have power steering. Has central locking.

The cam belt & tensioner etc was changed 5 years / 4000 miles ago.