Back in a zippy hatch!

Discussion in 'Wheels and Tyres' started by M.A.T.S-74, Nov 7, 2017.

1. M.A.T.S-74 Forum Member

My new Polo back in the world of good fun petrol hatches (excuse the roof rack/bike rack - my other hobby is mountain bike XC racing). Some naughty points means I can't return to a GTI just yet... but this 1.4TSI (150ps) ACT pretty good in such a light car, test drove a Golf GT 2016 with same engine and just didn't feel as good as it is in the Polo. Missed a GTI ever since letting my W-reg go. Only part annoying is noted this slight kurbing on front right wheel few days after picking up car from dealer and definitely not me! The wheels are some wheel refurbishers now but proving difficult to match to rest which are perfect (too perfect in that makes me think all redone/refurb by dealer before sale) as whoever refurbished them did not use the correct factory match so will have to go round & redo them one by one as funds allow or at least have the two fronts the shade or the two tears the same. Colour right just tiny bit darker than should be & not enough "sparkle" in the finish best describe it as. Apart from that loving the nippy little thing.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

dragonfly and Toyotec like this.
  2. MUSHY 16V

MUSHY 16V Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Surprised how nippy this polo's are almost more GTI like than the golf is a times

3. M.A.T.S-74 Forum Member

They are even just being the 150ps 1.4TSI GT it goes really well.

Main dealer coincided that front wheel was damaged before pick up and that they said had been repainted at some point & wheel refurbishers who they use & I in fact i used in the past fort my case saying he would only do the work if both front 2 done by him as whoever messed around doing my two front wheels doing smart repairs (used by the main dealer) did not match my 2 front wheels to the correct VW paint and not prepared to do a shabby job......yey

Only points issues (6) keep me out of a GTI Polo hopefully 3 years time I will be back in one, just loving fast zippy petrol again only GT I know but still quick.

4. dragonfly

dragonfly Paid Member Paid Member

Very nice!!

5. M.A.T.S-74 Forum Member

I tried a 1.4TSI 150ps ACT in 65 plate Golf GT trim too, but the power was there but somehow felt like "waiting for it" till the revs got high (best way could describe it is bit how 16v MK2 GTI'S behaved over 8v GTI's) whereas the Polo GT felt the power was there straight away on demand. Again you could feel the slightly more tail end movement response with the MQB chassis out of corner's/roundabouts but not the response cheekyness that the Polo GT had (which I know is non MQB still & rear torsion beam to Golf's independent suspension all round). Kit wise/touchscreen head unit/etc identical to Golf just Golf for all its lovelyness too expensive & didn't feel worth the extra buying cost.....still think I would pick Polo GTI over Golf GTI still now, back in the day you just wouldn't think Golf MK2 GTI & Polo in the same thought's... maybe VW made the Polo & Golf so good with equal pace in model development that Golf starting to cost to much next to Polo's.

6. M.A.T.S-74 Forum Member

Yes might only be the 150ps 1.4TSI but by heck it's good clean fun!