Hi Guys - All the way from South Africa

Discussion in 'Say 'hello' in here.' started by Marchando, Dec 17, 2017.

1. Marchando New Member

Good Day Guys

Hi All

My name is Marchando and staying in South Africa.

My babe is a 2001 citi, but has all the MK1 goodies. Got a ABF heart with a set of 45mm throttles, launch control, short shift gear kit, branches, freeflow. Guy I bought it from said on the last dyno figures it made 115kw to the wheels. I have the car for about a month now and loving every moment in the machine.

Not very clued up with the ABF setup as my previous mk1 was a 1.6 with 40mm sidies, 288 cam, bigger pistons, worked head etc.

What websites do you use for uploading pictures?

Cheers for now

2. Jon Olds Forum Junkie

Welcome, I run a CITI here in the uk now. 1990 1.6 carb. Not very exciting spec, but enough for daily use. Maybe you could give me some idea where I could source a drivers wing, as mine is perforated in a couple of places. I haven't found anything in the uk, maybe a SA company who would ship?
    Photobucket for photos, upload to there, and copy the shortcut to the text of your post. It tends to be full of pop up adverts, so quite annoying to use
    Jon

3. Savagesam

Savagesam Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Welcome, I bet it sounds awesome in the flesh.

I use IMGUR for all my image hosting, I put up a thread in general about it :)

4. notenoughtime

notenoughtime Moderator Moderator

Hi and welcome
    You can upload images using the link in the centre

D5D728BE-E346-4DDF-9375-C1B5370B2FFD.jpeg

5. Marchando New Member

Thanks for the respons guys. Will be starting a thread soon. Very slow paced as me and the wife bought a hous few months back and have a baby girl on the way. Will be posting some pics later tonight.

Love to see the love for the MK1 and citi's through the world. Truly one amazing little car VW made.

6. Marchando New Member

If you are talking about the driver wing are you talking about the driver side fender? Sorry for asking. Think we have different terms for the parts.

7. Jon Olds Forum Junkie

Sorry, drivers fender is what (I think..) I need!
    Cheers
    Jon

8. Marchando New Member

Lots of parts here in S.A. Can you mail me a picture of yours. Also were the screws fit into you body. Will send you a link. Not sure if the people courier but im sure ill be able to send it toe you if needed.

9. Jon Olds Forum Junkie

I'm painfully slow at getting back to you, sorry, its been a busy couple of months. Anyway, couple of pics of mine taken this morning. A friend did the paint for me, the only thing letting it down is a perforated drivers front wing (aka fender) Would really like to get my hands on a new one to replace it. Any help appreciated. Thanks. Jon
    citi lh side.jpg
    citi drivers wing.jpg

10. Toyotec

Toyotec CGTI Committee - Happy helper at large Admin

Welcome Marchando.

I do want to see a picture of this car of yours.

11. Ben Par New Member

Hi Jon,

Did you import the car to the UK or buy it here?

I am interested in getting hold of one as a daily driver.

Cheers

12. Jon Olds Forum Junkie

I travelled the length of the country to get one, and it needed a proper refurb as it had been off the road in a container
    for a while. The owners were very passionate about it, and after running it for 6+ months I can see why. You get all sorts
    of people coming up to discuss/admire etc. Quite an ice breaker. You get people (usually VW!) on the big roads cruising alongside you, for a looksee and thumbs up.
    Anyway, I have failed to source a citi wing, so its a pair of new euro ones going on, along with euro grille etc. Think it will
    look fine. The guys at SBD are matching up the paint, so it will be pretty much as good as you will find anywhere. (not show winning quality though)
    As a daily they are fine, economical, fast enough etc.
    I only have £3k tied up in this one (forgetting all the labour...literally everything has been rebuilt, engine from a bare block suspension, brakes etc etc) so they are affordable.
    I have no immediate plans to sell it, but send me your details if interested.
    Jon