Thread: Anybody going to NEC motorsport show next saturday 13th

Paid Member
    Thanks

Default Anybody going to NEC motorsport show next saturday 13th

Fancy a coffee and a brief chat during the event?
    Jon

Paid Member
    Thanks

Autosport International. Yup, I might be going. Won't be sure till the day or two before though. cant see any harm in a cgti coffee break!

Forum User
    Thanks

ill be there on thursday!

Thanks

If I can get a steady supply of water, there will be coffee on our stand. 8706, all 4 days.
    DTADroid - The Android app for DTA ECUs

More info at www.dtadroid.com

Thanks

I'll be going on Friday, will make a note of stand 8706
    '90 Met Black Big Bumper 5dr Mk2 2.0 KR/ABF 16v GTI

Paid Member
    Thanks

Excellent
    Jon

Thanks

Really good show with lots of positive enthusiastic people on the stands. Sparrow, sorry I didn't come and say hi but I couldn't remember which stand you were on and then saw this this evening. Have a great weekend
    '90 Met Black Big Bumper 5dr Mk2 2.0 KR/ABF 16v GTI

CGTI Committee - Happy helper at large Toyotec's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,883 Times in 1,634 Posts

I was hoping to go, but racing duties came first. Plus I have been going for 3 years in a row.

Paid Member
    Thanks

Had to cry off, man flu
    Next year!
    Jon

CGTI Committee - Happy helper at large Toyotec's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,883 Times in 1,634 Posts

Did anyone go to the show and how was it for you?

Paid Member
    Thanks

I went along and found it to be OK. Went with the intention of buying a new helmet but couldn't find anything I liked. Thought the Hedtec helmets looked reasonable on line but the interior and quality weren't there so didn't buy one. I suppose they have to cut corners some where to get the price down. I know they are already made in China.
    Splashed out on 3 bags of 200 tie wraps for £5. You can never have enough tie wraps.
    Saw a load of the BTCC drivers Matt Neal, Gordon Shedden, Colin Turkington, Ash Sutton and Andy Jordan. Nigel Mansell did a good interview with Billy Monger, Amazing attitude from Billy considering what happened to him.
    Spoke to the #trackaddict guys and that was quite interesting. Did find the DTA stand but Sparrow was really busy speaking to people and when I went back later he had disappeared. Not as many promo girls there as the last time I went but that was probably more than 10 years ago.
    A lot of traders and a lot of nice cars, certainly worth a day out if you have never been. Fairly handy for me as I went on the train, only cost £6 return against £12 to park the car.
    It's only a 5 minute walk from Birmingham International station and it's all under cover.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Desertstorm For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Desertstorm View Post
    I went along and found it to be OK. Went with the intention of buying a new helmet but couldn't find anything I liked. Thought the Hedtec helmets looked reasonable on line but the interior and quality weren't there so didn't buy one. I suppose they have to cut corners some where to get the price down. I know they are already made in China.
    Splashed out on 3 bags of 200 tie wraps for £5. You can never have enough tie wraps.
    Saw a load of the BTCC drivers Matt Neal, Gordon Shedden, Colin Turkington, Ash Sutton and Andy Jordan. Nigel Mansell did a good interview with Billy Monger, Amazing attitude from Billy considering what happened to him.
    Spoke to the #trackaddict guys and that was quite interesting. Did find the DTA stand but Sparrow was really busy speaking to people and when I went back later he had disappeared. Not as many promo girls there as the last time I went but that was probably more than 10 years ago.
    A lot of traders and a lot of nice cars, certainly worth a day out if you have never been. Fairly handy for me as I went on the train, only cost £6 return against £12 to park the car.
    It's only a 5 minute walk from Birmingham International station and it's all under cover.
    Sorry I missed you. I also missed Rob T and Tony B.
    We had an awesome show, just flat out for most of it.

Paid Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sparrow View Post
    Sorry I missed you. I also missed Rob T and Tony B.
    We had an awesome show, just flat out for most of it.
    Haha, yeah saw you chatting to some guys who looked like they had money to spend and deals to do.....so left you alone and went and had a play with your electronic throttle actuator set up Lol. Great to hear it went well as its a big financial outlay, and you had a bigger stand this year - took a while to find you, as I tend to hang out in the engineering show. Well done.

Went off and had a chat to Roy Millington, who had more than a few motors spread about the show, many using the DTA ECU . Great bloke, nice to see the man himself there, as he normally is, quite happy to chat to guys like myself. Interesting discussions on crank girdles, his use of full length oval throttle bodies and how to make engines 'Irish proof' Lol.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TonyB View Post
    Haha, yeah saw you chatting to some guys who looked like they had money to spend and deals to do.....so left you alone and went and had a play with your electronic throttle actuator set up Lol. Great to hear it went well as its a big financial outlay, and you had a bigger stand this year - took a while to find you, as I tend to hang out in the engineering show. Well done.

Went off and had a chat to Roy Millington, who had more than a few motors spread about the show, many using the DTA ECU . Great bloke, nice to see the man himself there, as he normally is, quite happy to chat to guys like myself. Interesting discussions on crank girdles, his use of full length oval throttle bodies and how to make engines 'Irish proof' Lol.
    It's expensive, but required.

Roy's a great guy. We're preferred supplier to Millington, they will only use our ECUs.
    Irish proof requires a fair amount of engineering!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to sparrow For This Useful Post: