Polybushes

Discussion in 'Mk1' started by nass, Jan 20, 2018.

1. nass Forum Member

I'm about to start work on my mk1 and would like to know what mk1 owners have polybushed on there car been told not to polybush suspension but everything else polybush is that right ?
    Thanks

2. jamesa Forum Junkie

Car used for ?

My Mk1 sprint / hillclimb car

Wishbones - Steering Rack mounts - Rear beam - Suspension

Front engine mount and lower gearbox mount are also upgraded

3. nass Forum Member

Should have mentioned occasional track and sprint I have jmr front and rear mounts deisel side mounts

4. Savagesam

Savagesam Moderator Staff Member Moderator

I have my mk2 fully polybushed on a road car/occasional track day use, no thanks!

5. jamesa Forum Junkie

Depends what feel / control you want ...

6. nass Forum Member

Well just want tighten the car up but at the same time dont want a bone shaker dont want my fillings falling out lol

7. jamesa Forum Junkie

Mine had all the above bushings done and initially ran with a Koni / Eibach (top adjustable all round for rebound - non coilover) suspension, I drove it to and from events plus a few trackdays ... it was great on the road but too soft in the suspension department for the others. Suspension is now Leda coilovers, not yet driven on the road though.

After the initial bushing of the front the rear was extremely tail happy, on Yokohama road tyres. Bushing the rear beam calmed it down, assisted by the ability to stiffen the rear dampers.

Another positive contribution to control is a lower chassis brace, between the wishbone mounts.

If you don`t have a Quaife ATB or similar diff, then do consider it at some stage.

What anti-roll bars do you have ?

8. nass Forum Member

Thanks for your input
    I have kw/st anti roll bars which will be polybushed suspension wise I'll be using kw2's also have a wavetrac lsd from what I have read on the internet is polybush wishbones. rear beam. steering rack. Anti roll bars. But not the suspension and engine gear box ? Very confusing

9. jamesa Forum Junkie

Sounds good, I didn`t really use internet research when mine was done ... talked / sourced / used people that had run / raced them.

All the best with it.

10. nass Forum Member

Thanks buddy