1.8t and 2.0t manifolds and gaskets info required to fit a gt2871 to the 1.8t bam

Discussion in 'Engines' started by welly24, Jan 21, 2018.

1. welly24 Forum Member

I'm trying to sort out a manifold for the 1.8t engine to fit the gt2871 turbo but I cant find one the only option I have is to fit the 2.0t tfsi turbo manifold all I need to know is has anyone compared the manifold gasket or does anyone have both gasket that can check to see if the holes line up for the outlets it doesn't matter about the mounting bolt holes as I will have to make it fit thank guys

2. notenoughtime

notenoughtime Moderator Moderator

I did post a link on your other post about a cat hobbies you asked about?

Have you looked into fitting the tfsi T04 with integral manifold

Have you bought the gt28 already

3. welly24 Forum Member

not enough room for the tfsi k04 ,no not bought the gt 2871 yet still looking at an audit tt manifold as the turbo has to be close to the gearbox and I think that is going to be too close to the bulkhead and heater pipes

4. Desertstorm

Desertstorm Paid Member Paid Member

5. welly24 Forum Member

I'm getting the audi tt manifold and turbo to see if it will fit ,at least il have an idea if theres any room for anything bigger

6. Fury Phil Paid Member Paid Member

Welly 24 - beware that not all K04 manifold-to-turbo flanges are the same. I have a BAM engine that came with a K04-023 turbo and this has a different flange from the base K04. I believe it is the same for all K04-02X turbos (K04-020/-022/-023). I fitted an A4 manifold as I needed to move the turbo forward. I have a split new OEM SLC R manifold for the K02X turbo if it suited your needs - I believe it is the same as the TT one. 2017-10-17 15.19.34.jpg

7. Fury Phil Paid Member Paid Member

I should also have said that I had to make a link pipe that had a base K04 flange at one end for the A4 manifold and a K04-02X flange at the other end to suit my turbo...

8. Fury Phil Paid Member Paid Member

2018-01-14 13.17.39 - Copy.jpg

Link pipe and turbo relocation.

9. Fury Phil Paid Member Paid Member

20180124_145606.jpg

Here is my spare SLC R manifold for the BAM engine.

10. welly24 Forum Member

got the manifold and turbo and it bolts straight on,not a deal of room though,,the manifold is ok but the turbo is scrap so I'm getting chra with 11 blade billet compressor and the stepped seal.then find a hot and compressor housings to build one,

11. welly24 Forum Member

DSC_0057.jpg .ended up with an upgraded k04 023 from midland turbos the last one they did for me is still on the car after 6 years and still going strong

notenoughtime likes this.
  12. welly24 Forum Member

when I built it I put a k04 001 as this fits the k03 manifold its okish ,it is slightly larger on the compressor side and does give you a few horsepower, but think twice about it ,I bought a copy off ebay and it ran well but wanted to try the proper k04 from the bam engine as some people have said its probably holding the engine back ,so I took it off and the bearings are not good at all there is so much play that the compressor and turbine almost touch the casings not good at all as its onlt done 120 miles so that's why I went for the k04, that and the fact I couldn't get a manifold to fit in such a small space ,so when ive fitted it il do a video to see what it goes like,,it was rapid before so now it should be a lot better ,that and ive just swapped the dash blue led s and put white ones in .it looks so much better at least I can see the clocks now ,