Handling Sucks

Discussion in 'Chassis' started by TriGGeR, Feb 16, 2018.

1. TriGGeR New Member

I need some advise on how to make the ride of my new Scirocco much more fun and stable. I owned a 2009 TDi 140bhp GT for about 7/8 years, althought that one I had bought with 30,000 miles on the clock.

My new car isn't as stable and firm/stiff as my previous. Sport, Normal and Comfort isn't as firm as what I experienced in my old car. The steering isn't as sharp and stable. I don't find the steering as sharp neither but I'm thinking perhaps installing a ARB at the front would help?

For example when I'm going down the motorway I'm not as stable in the lane I'm driving in well in comparison to my previous car. When I'm cornering and then straighten up the car it feels like it wobbles abit before settling. I definately don't have much feedback through steering wheel either.

I'm wondering now perhaps if by changing the springs I might be able to bring more stability, stiffness and reduce the body roll. I've been looking into the VWR springs, does anyone have this fitted with Adaptive Chassis Control, especially on a 16/17 model.

2. Toyotec

Toyotec CGTI Committee - Happy helper at large Admin

Hi there and welcome to the forum.

Show us some pictures of your new Scirocco.

I know one or two of our members owned vehicles like yours. I might just point them here.

3. beetie

beetie Forum Member

Could be something as simple as the tyres. Softer sidewalls compared to your previous one ran