Lupo to AUQ wiring loom questions

Discussion in 'Electrical' started by pauldoubleyou, Feb 24, 2018.

1. pauldoubleyou New Member

Ive fitted an AUQ into an ex AUC Lupo. All the wiring loom questions Ive got through have been fed through this site, which is why I joined.

I have left the engine side loom intact and its fitted to the engine. All traces and feeds from the AUC have been depinned and removed from the car, along with the old ecu plug. All I have left are feeds from the old fusebox such as fuel pump relay lives, Kline hi and low, main lives, coil live etc.

I have rewired the starter and alt for a battery to boot and reused the original Lupo starter switched live for the solenoid.

So the second part of the AUQ has been stripped of everything I dont want, such as second lambda, sec air, charcoal filter, ps switch and clutch switch.

So, into the questions.

Do I need to keep the brake switch? Whatever it is I understand it was for cruise but is also wired into two feeds into the AUQ ECU.

AUQ loom has an ecu relay. Does the Lupo have one too? Can I just wire a switched live to the one on the AUQ loom and itll be fine? If not I presume I could just use the original coil live feed thats sat in he bay directly to the coils on the AUQ loom and cut out the AUQ ecu relay?

The blue and yellow wire on the AUQ loom that feeds the maf, lambda and originally the secondary air systems.. can I connect this directly to a switched fused live from the original loom?

Hope this makes sense, thanks for any replies. The Lupo loom is such a mare as its not simply one bunch of wires, the AUQ loom is simplicity.

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

1. yes ideally, same goes for clutch switch

2. it doesnt, what I do for the polo/lupo -> 20v loom is keep the 20v ecu/coil relay and run the live feed from it straight to the battery fusebox. usually a spare spot, pop a 15a fuse in there. connect the big 2 pin plug as per factory 20v and job done

3. re-use one of the original engine pump power feeds. look for the one on T10d/4 that powered the lupo lambda heater for example.

3. pauldoubleyou New Member

Hi there mate. Really appreciate the reply.. think I sat and worked it out between the two wiring diagrams today.

Im all wired up now with the exception of the cluster feeds. I have a diagram showing what each pin in the original AUQ clocks did.. but cant find one for the AUC/Lupo.

The lambda power wire (red/white, deleted the post cat lambda is now spliced nicely into the AUQ blue/yellow supply to the first lambda and maf.

As such all I really have left are the instrument cluster wires to work out. I know what they were on the AUQ side but cant find a diagram for what pin on the Lupo cluster actually is for (Kline, cts, revs etc). Im hoping that as theyre both mk4 the feeds will work without resistors?

Next is to work out those Lupo cluster inputs and solid across. Everything else is done (I think)

4. pauldoubleyou New Member

Awful spelling sorry, I meant splice across. Cant seem to edit on mobile.

5. rubjonny

this should help ;)

T32: (blue)
    1 - blk - ignition live
    2 - blk/grn - right indicator
    3 - grn/wht - VSS output
    4 - n/a
    5 - pur - fuel level sender
    6 - yel/wht - airbag control unit
    7 - brn/wht - common sensor earth
    8 - yel/red - coolant temp sender
    9 - brn - earth
    10 - blu/blk - oil pressure switch, high
    11 - grn - rev counter
    12 - blu - battery warning light
    13 - red/yel - glow plug warning lamp
    \- yel/gry - CAT warning lamp
    14 - gry/wht - rear fog light warning
    15 - oil pressure switch, low
    16 - rear lid
    17 - wht - main beam warning
    18 - blk/wht - left indicator
    19 - yel - ABS control unit
    20 - gry/blu - dash lighting
    21 - blu/brn - driver door contact switch
    22 - blu/red - coolant level warning
    23 - red - permanent live
    24 - brn - earth
    25 - gry - diagnostics port K-Line pin 7
    26 - gry/red - right sidelight
    27 - gry/yel - left sidelight
    28 - wht/blu - speedometer sender
    29 - brn/yel - brake fluid & handbrake warning switches
    30 - brn/red - ignition switch pin SU
    31 - yel - driver seatbelt switch
    32 - wht/grn - Emissions fault lamp or sidelight warning

T32a: (green)
    5 - yel/gry - EPS, only used on certain ECU codes
    10 - wht/blu - fuel reserve warning
    12 - bi-directional communication, aircon
    15 - yel/gry - EPC warning lamp
    19 - org/blk - CAN-HIGH from ECU or immobiliser control unit
    20 - org/brn - CAN-LOW from ECU or immobiliser control unit
    21 - oil temp sensor
    25 - reset
    26 - ambient air temp sensor
    27 - org/blk - diagnostics port CAN-HIGH pin 6
    28 - org/brn - diagnostics port CAN-LOW pin 14
    32 - mpg signal

6. rubjonny

so MK4 -> lupo:
    T10/9 -> T10d/8 = rev counter
    T14a/4 -> T10a/3 = dash temp (yes mk4 sensor works fine on lupo clocks)
    T14a/1 -> T10d/6 = oil pressure (may need lupo switch, compare ratings/part number)
    T14/3 -> T14/1 -> T10b/3 = speedometer sender
    T10w/2 -> T10s/4 = can-bus high
    T10w/3 -> T10s/5 = can-bus low
    T10/6 -> T10c/9 = VSS to ECU
    T10w/8 -> T10s/7 = EPC lamp
    T10w/10 -> T10s/3 = emissions fault lamp

T10/1 -> T10d/7 = w-line for diagnostics to immobiliser control unit

probably need to have immobiliser defeated, unless you know someone who can pull the SKC code for immo box which is not easy, VW could do it for you though. Or bin the immo box and loop the 2 diagnostics wires on the port plug to get diagnostics working.

7. pauldoubleyou New Member

You sir are a superstar. That would wrap up my wiring nicely when I get home.

Immob is already defeated off the ecu (had to learn how to desolder and bought an eeprom programmer but thats a different story).

Glad you said the mk4 stuff will work off the cuff, hopefully can get this cracked tonight. Im expecting something to go wrong as its been quite simple in all honesty.

8. pauldoubleyou New Member

I was going to have a crack at this but I think Ive just confused myself more.

I didnt touch any of the original t10 connectors in the Lupo and spliced the necessary wires in the bay.

I have wires left over from the Lupo side, and wires left over from the AUQ side. They are all in the bay.

I have remaining in the AUQ loom, to put somewhere:

T14a pin 3 (dash speedo)
    T14a pin 4 (cts)
    Ecu pin 54 wire (speed sender to clocks t32a/3?)

Also I have wires left in the bay from the Lupo loom I was hoping I could just connect up to the above. Doesnt seem so but here goes:

Was ecupin30 epc lamp
    Was ecupin5 (speed sensor?)
    Was ecupin41 (revs)
    Was ecupin16 (mpg?)

Now from getting the above I cant work out if I can connect any of the two wires in the lists. Maybe the speed senders. and I also cant seem to find the wire in the bay for the original Lupo CTS sender to the dash.

Obviously if I need to run wires into the t10s inside the car this will explain why they dont initially match. I say I was hoping they would match in the bay as the car drivers door is right up against the wall in the garage.

9. rubjonny

for the cluster speedometer sender, look for the smaller lupo 14 pin plug that used to connect to the main sensor loom to the engine, its pin 1 on there white/blue and from there it goes to the green 10 pin plug on the lupo loom behind the fusebox, pin 2. Join that to the MK4 T14a plug, pin 3.

coolant temp sensor is on the green 10 pin plug T10a pin 3, yellow/red wire and join that to the MK4 T14a pin 4.

Lupo ECU pin 30 -> MK4 fusebox plug T10w/8 -> MK4 20v ECU pin 48 (EPC fault lamp, MK4 white 10 pin plug 10 pin 8, may not work or even be there on the AUM loom anyway)
    Lupo ECU pin 5 -> MK4 fusebox plug T10/6 -> MK4 20v ECU pin 54 (VSS to ECU, orange 10 pin plug)
    Lupo ECU pin 41 -> MK4 fusebox plug T10/9 -> MK4 20v ECU pin 37 (rev counter)
    Lupo ECU pin 16 -> MK4 fusebox plug T10w/10 -> MK4 20v ECU pin 47 (emissions fault lamp, may not work or even be there on the AUM loom anyway)

10. pauldoubleyou New Member

Cant thank you enough for your patience. I have successfully started it, but I think my only problems lie with the wires to the cluster.

I have a flashing coolant warning light and also I dont seem to be able to connect to the engine part on vagcom. My hi and low connectors are wired in correctly, Im confident. I think that the diag wire that goes via the clocks must be wired in wrong.

Back to the drawing board for a bit

However, it starts and runs!

11. rubjonny

there is no connection between the ecu and cluster on the lupo as it doesnt have the immobiliser in, instead vagcom talks to the ecu over the k/w-line via the immobiliser box. the can-bus is other comms between ecu and cluster so also unrelated.

So double check:
    ECU pin 43 -> T10d red plug in scuttle pin 7 -> immobiliser box pin 7

sicne immobiliser has been defeated you dont need the immo box any more. if you already removed the immob box but didnt do anythign with the wiring then thats why, you just need to loop pins 7 and 8 on the immo box plug to enable diagnostics :thumbup:

for coolant level try looping a wire between the 2 pins on the tank, check the earth for it is good back to the cluster harness. easy way is stuff an earthed wire into the blue/red pin. if that shuts it up the earth on the level sensor is snipped somewhere in the loom. if not go back inside and fine the T10b black plug, p[in 2 is the feed to the level sensor if you earth this then light should go out. if it does then you know issue is between this plgu and the sensor in the engine harness

12. pauldoubleyou New Member

Thanks Mate, Ill scout out the immob box now. Think its left in place. Ill bridge the connection.

The flashing light, I presumed was too hot. If its level warning Im happy as it is low. Ill report back in progress!

13. pauldoubleyou New Member

Boom! What had happened, embarrassingly for me, is that I had seen immobiliser and snipped the wire and removed it from the Lupo loom. Id seen the word immobiliser and decided I didnt need it. Traced it to where you said, bridged what you said and now have diagnostics.

[​IMG]

First one points to my accel pedal issue. I think I have a pedal to ecu mismatch as I have read there is two different pinouts for the Octavia pedals. Ill check which one Ive used and see how that matches to the other one.

Block 60 gives no movement of the pedal, and gives a false percentage and stuck.

[​IMG]

The last thing that worried me is engine load was at 100 percent when the car is off. Is this an issue?

[​IMG]

Once again John, I owe you a pint.

14. rubjonny

Good stuff :)

whats the part number on your pedal? assuming its the early mk4 one this is the pinout you need (ecu -> pedal):
    33-4
    34-6
    35-1
    36-3
    72-5
    73-2

15. pauldoubleyou New Member

Hmm thats interesting. On autodata the Octavia pedal gives the following:

72-1
    73-2
    36-3
    35-4
    33-5
    34-6

Ill double check my wiring.. if I have the setup I have just there (which Im positive I do) Ill try and rewrite it the other way. Pedal is off 02 Octavia AUQ.. same as the engine. Ill give this a go!

16. rubjonny

that autodata pinout is correct for the later complete pedal unit, I thought you had the early actuator sorry as its what the polo/lupo usually has

17. pauldoubleyou New Member

Still no joy with the pins in that format though. Just gonna double check y wiring then maybe try your way :)

Yes I put an AUQ pedal on.

18. rubjonny

let us know the part number on the pedal anyway, just in case. any later mk4 petrol pedal will be fine, the pinout I pasted in above will only work for the early remote actuator type things (you know, just like the one you took off the lupo to fit the late mk4 type pedal :lol:)

19. pauldoubleyou New Member

Embarrassingly I cant count to six and my pins were wrong. Working and revving freely!

Im an idiot.

[​IMG]

20. rubjonny

wayhey!

pauldoubleyou likes this.