Rotten - Inner arch to rear chassis rail

Discussion in 'Chassis' started by -kivster-, Mar 14, 2018.

1. -kivster- New Member

Hi All,

First post and not completely sure whether posting in the right section. Removed rear off side wheel to find a hole between inner wheel arch and rear floor close to rear axle mounting. The toeing eye off side rear and boxing completely corroded. Hopefully the picture below illustrates. My question is, is there any body panels I can by which reduced the fabrication of metalwork and ease the pain/ cost/ time when getting someone to cut and weld to put right and make good. Not sure what rates I should be paying. It would be good to know any recommendations for welder in Cornwall.

My golf is a 1984 MK2 GTi; daily driver and been in my ownership for the last 21 years.

[​IMG]

Cheers

2. MUSHY 16V

MUSHY 16V Moderator Staff Member Moderator

3. -kivster- New Member

Hi Thanks the reply. When looking at the panels I guess when they refer to the right hand side they are talking about the offside of the car - furthest away from the kerb side.... if that makes sense?

4. -kivster- New Member

5. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

yeah left and right refers to the side of the car as if you're sitting in it, so left would be nearside and right offside

6. -kivster- New Member

cool.... need to find a decent welder and see how much this little lot is going to cost me.....