Mk2 golf GTi boot central locking

Discussion in 'Mk2' started by match24, Mar 16, 2018.

1. match24 New Member

Hello, I've had a good look on the forum and through the normal internet searches but can't seem to find the answer. I have vacuum locking actuators and the two front doors (3dr model) work as they should. It appears to be the boot that doesn't lock or unlock. It hasn't work since I've owned it and I guess someone may of installed the pump wrong. I say this as the bar coming from the vacuum pump seems to twist to lock and unlock where as the vacuum pump wants to push/pull the bar. Can anyone shed any light? Many thanks.

2. valvemiester

valvemiester Paid Member Paid Member

You Will probably find the rod has seized in the bootlock mechanism so when the actuator moves it can only bend the rod near the actuator.

3. match24 New Member

Thanks, I will have a look at that and check. I was just a little concerned that maybe the actuator had been mounted wrong or was missing a bracket of some kind.

4. Savagesam

Savagesam Moderator Staff Member Moderator

All check the lines and that the boot is locked.

Mine has a heart attack if I unlock it with the key and then it won't lock via central locking