Gu engine with 2e2 carb

Discussion in 'Mk2' started by Van13, Mar 22, 2018.

1. Van13 Forum Member

Hi all my 1.8 gu engine with 2e2 carb will not idle when started from cold,taken wax stat off and pin moves freely.cant hear any click from TTv,does this sound like my problem thankyou

2. Cat88 Forum Member

I had a lot of trouble with my 2e2 mate. Check for vac leaks, splits in tubing. Check the base plate rubber may have split. Fuelling may need adjusting if its running lean/rich.
    I ended up getting a Weber 32/34 manual choke and its the best decision I made. Runs like a dream every time.

3. Van13 Forum Member

Thanks for reply just about to order Webber now,just wanted to check for replys,tried to follow rj guide but have no clue what its asking on most of it

4. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

start here:
    http://clubgti.com/showthread.php?124945

Do the revs come up high for a few seconds when first started cold? if not look at your 3/4 point unit it should be fully extended when engien is off then retract to the runnign position after a few seconds when started.

you should hear a click from round the back of the carb with the ignition on as well yes, what fusebox is it? check fuses 17 and 18 if ce1, 15 if ce2

5. Van13 Forum Member

Thanks rj you are a legend started at fuse box as I could not hear a click when ignition on,15fuse poor contact you have to wiggle it to work,started to remove fuse box for replacement unit wow what a nightmare thankyou again,is it worth splitting the unit to fix number 15 or bin it

6. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

i would just get another fusebox, MK3 gofl also have the same CE2 fusebox so its not liek they are hard to find. also corrado, passat, early T4 and 6n polo etc meeeeelions on ebay