Fitting weber 40’s on my mk1 golf

Discussion in 'Carburettor' started by Golfmk1, Jan 5, 2006.

1. steved Forum Member

The seals that you use in that picture are Standard carb seals the same as mine, They are supplied as a kit with the thackery washers.
    [​IMG]
    Edited by: steved

2. scottymk2 Forum Member

I am using a proflow regulator, made by sytec i think. it is easier to use than the filterking ones, as it has a knob on the top, and a numbered scale (1 - 5 psi). you just align an arrow on the knob with the pressure you want. very simple and only 30 quid - see this site (good for other fuel products too)
    http://www.fuelsystem.co.uk/regulators.htm

as for a filter, i am just using the standard filter for my old carbs. its an inline filter (for a golf mk2 1.6 driver). you can pick them up in halfords for about 2 quid, and they are clear so you can see the fuel flow (see my pics above). if you want something fancy you can buy a glass and chrome filter for about 10 quid from demon tweeks and the like.

cheers

scott

3. toshinoce brazil New Member

DCOE/DCOM jetting for golf 1.8

Dear friends,

I'm setting a golf 1.8 engine with dual 40 weber DCOM. I was bought it from an alfa romeo 1750 and its jetting doesn't work properly.

Anyone could share the jettings (idle gas/air bleed, main jets. emulsion tubes ecc?) only to have a starting point?

best regards from Brazil

Toshi Noce

4. notenoughtime

notenoughtime Moderator Moderator

Hi Toshi

What jets have you got at the moment? TBH shouldn't be far off!