my rallye build, 20vt and rhd.. Very picture heavy.

Discussion in 'Members Gallery' started by Sc0rian, Feb 17, 2010.

1. Sc0rian

Sc0rian Forum Member

I got the engine started, and idling properly today :wub: sounds amazing.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-GZ3UPEN8A[/YOUTUBE]

2. Ian D Forum Member

Good news mate!!

3. chrisbex123 Forum Member

Hiya buddy, hats off to you for the dedication, is this by any chance "jocks" old rallye, the hereford chap.If so it is mad to see it back again, I remember him welding bracing brackets for the turbo and pestering him to weld my mk2 a few years back.Was an animal apparently if its the one.
    I think he works for QUICK MOTORSPORT now.

4. Sc0rian

Sc0rian Forum Member

not many updates but these have taken quite a while to do. Mainly sourcing little parts and what not.

Sorted my coolant hoses out, blocked one outlet/got the rad hose to fit and made up a bottom expansion hose..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I also fitted a brand new bias valve...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][/img]

And finally got a brass insert into the plastic fuel hoses.. so i can jubilee it down and not crumple the hose.

[​IMG]

and finally modded my fuel pump+filter.

[​IMG]

and fitted rear mk3 cal's..

[​IMG]

hopefully come tomorrow I should receive my VW order. Which will allow me to fit the fuel system properly, start the engine and get it up to temp :)

Then it'll be a case of bleeding brakes + clutch.. bit of wiring.. mount front bumper.. then moooot!!111

5. Sc0rian

Sc0rian Forum Member

thank you WJ :wub:

been busy today.. tested my g60 steels.. they are quite funny, the twin pot cals JUST fit..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

got myself the VW style swirl pot (finally!!!!!)

[​IMG]

bought myself two new coilpacks due to two being dead.. guess which one are new!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

got myself some new rear discs :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and finally fitted my braided brake lines

[​IMG]

i used corrado vr6 abs clips.. screw into the self tapping thread, but allow for 10mm hoses :)

6. challice Forum Member

this is coming along well, nice work...:thumbup:

7. Admin Guest

looking great.

8. AOI3610 New Member

Bet you can't wait.

Very Very nice.

9. Sc0rian

Sc0rian Forum Member

wow thanks guys. Yeah really, really cannot wait. Getting fed up of working on it..

right. FINALLY got the engine running (properly), with the swirl pot and everything plumbed up. Took a while to work out the fuel route in my head.

Working under axle stands on a drive way that is on a hill, is a f***** nightmare. I'm so glad that this job is over. Or, good enough for now till i can get it under a ramp and do some improvements. (The swirl pot is slightly too close to the exhaust for my liking, want to great some sort of guard to go around the fuel system).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

got the engine up to temp, the bottom rad coolant hose has a tiny hole in it :(. Apart from that, it runs lovely. Still got lots of wiring problems, turn lights on... clocks turn off. MFA doesn't work on the rallye clocks (which it does on other cars).. And the full beam led bulb seems to be slightly lit..

when i turn sidelights on, the MFA turns off...?? must be earth..

bleed brakes and clutch, fit some wheels.

10. MUSHY 16V

MUSHY 16V Moderator Staff Member Moderator

yes must be the earth if the full beam led bulb lights up
    surprised you got it started

very nice job so far

11. Sc0rian

Sc0rian Forum Member

ok.. felt like i went back in progress today...

bottom coolant hose was leaking, so ended up having to take all the front end off. wanted to do a few jobs anyway.. ***..

[​IMG]

painted rad, and added earth cable..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

got bored so decided to fit the porsche gt3 seats :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

also fixed my wiring on clocks.. have fully working clocks + mfa... also fitted brand new number plate lights.. haha.

12. dan_1987

dan_1987 Forum Member

Really liking this thread. What's the plan with the bodywork - going to just get the front resprayed?

13. Supercharged Forum Member

Man.... I need to pop round and have a look at this mate - good progress!

The neighbours have not got you on an ASBO yet then? ;)

14. Sc0rian

Sc0rian Forum Member

thank you dan. Yeah that is the plan, as a get me by. not sure what the future holds!

hahahhaah :lol::lol::lol: yes you do dude, you are very welcome when ever.. would love to catch up. The guy from your old house dropped a letter in the other day, asking if i could source any mk1 parts for his friend...

Neighbours have not yet gone ASBO :lol: but, they do all give me evils. Thankfully I'm generally under the car so never notice it. :thumbup:

15. Supercharged Forum Member

LOL - I think he's just leading you into a false sense of security... the next letter will be from his soliciter!

You'll be wearing a tag by the end of the year dude - :)

16. Sc0rian

Sc0rian Forum Member

hahaha :lol::lol::lol::lol:

wow... well today was a move forward. actually got to drive it for the first time, extremely happy!!!

Clutch needs re-bleeding and PAS seems to be dead (think pump is broken.....) The first drive went well-ish.

Took the car off axle stands, and it fell off them due to being on a hill.. Which was not ideal. Tracking was out, got pulled around the road a bit. And my arrrrmmmsss, my poor arms... steering was so bloody heavy. Still it is booked for a MOT tomorrow, I MIGHT make stoner park on sunday. Wow that would be mental if I do..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. benthejettaman Forum Member

looks good bud glad you got it virtually altogether now, do you mind if i ask where u got your remote reservoir from

18. Sc0rian

Sc0rian Forum Member

thanks dude, its pretty close now... Its a 24mm master cylinder, both came from a ford focus mk1 2.0 16v. :thumbup: Same as a ibiza cupra (20v)

19. Sc0rian

Sc0rian Forum Member

road legal and broken :( Drivers side calliper has started sticking really badly, so have to replace it... Bought a tax disc with 5minutes to spare :)

Also, I still cannot work out why, when I de-press the clutch I get an annoying noise in the gearbox grinding on something. Sounds like the release bearing arm touching the clutch, i've tried to bleed it 3 times now. Still does it, I'm kinda hoping its down to the sticker brakes, but that is a long shot...

ha, only pictures I've got.... Driving to the MOT station:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. dan_1987

dan_1987 Forum Member

Congratulations mate - looks really good.

Whats the black thing near the petrol flap?