MK1 Jetta - back home again

Discussion in 'Members Gallery' started by jettadan, May 16, 2005.

1. fthaimike Forum Addict

Just thought, make sure there are no sharp edges if it is to be mot'd...

2. jettadan Forum Member

Won't be for much longer once its home as i'm now officially skint, so it will be minor jobs till cash comes available to purchase the necessary bits to move forward. I'll keep plugging away at it slowly though :thumbup:

Will do :thumbup:

3. fthaimike Forum Addict

Then again if anyone upsets you just reverse over them.... OUCH!!!! :lol:

4. Willowraf Forum Member

[​IMG]

Not now hehe...lovin this car...

5. jettadan Forum Member

Cool, i like that :thumbup:

I'm gonna put some extra bits on the end of the diffuser, under the chassis legs and against the lower rear quarters to finish it off. Might extend the end fins lower too and put rounded lower edges on them all. Need to have a good look at it when i've picked it up, which is going to be a very happy road trip [:D]

Also might put some vents on the lower rear edges of the wide arches to let air out, but not sure what to do. Circular holes perhaps with mesh behind? Louvres would look good. Any ideas?

First job is a lick of galvanising paint on the floor when its tucked away again.

6. A.N. Other Banned after significant club disruption Dec 5th 2

[​IMG]

Done! Templates, Dremel, belt sander and plenty of care FTW :thumbup:

7. fthaimike Forum Addict

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

EDIT: Beaten by 2mins by Chris, spent to much time gathering them up 1st lol

Last edited: Sep 28, 2011
  8. andyneedham2 Forum Member

9. Ditchyboy Forum Member

Awesome mate, can't wait to see this keep progressing!

10. luke w

luke w Forum Junkie

Wow, this is looking completely different compared to the last time I saw it at Donny a few years ago! Loving the amount of fabrication that's gone into it.

Would be very interest in what exhaust manifold you end up using. I'm building a G60 turbo at the moment using a Turbo Technics kit but also have a X-Flow head for the future and the main hurdle I can see at the moment is the exhaust manifold. What turbo are you going to use?

11. jettadan Forum Member

Thanks for the pics guys, few ideas to think about there :thumbup:

Cheers!

Yep, its certainly changed a bit!

Gonna make a tubular manifold for it with Sambo, will have a good think about it when i get it home. I've also got a TT cast manifold that i was originally going to use, but that'll be going on ebay to pay for the bends and bits i'll be needing. The manifold goes straight onto the crossflow head i've got.

Forgotten the turbo spec, its tucked away in a box although there are some pics somewhere on this thread - the nearly standard T3 i've got spare now will also be sold.

Few pics off the RP website. Rear floor done:

[​IMG]

Then its been blasted and etch primed:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'll get some detailed pics up tomorrow when i've got it back home :)

12. fthaimike Forum Addict

side exit exhaust?

13. jettadan Forum Member

Yeah, passenger side in front of rear wheel arch - theres a cutout for it :thumbup:

14. MK1-Tron

MK1-Tron Forum Member

Great work, rear floor and diffuser are Awsome ! can't wait to see the final build come together :thumbup:

15. Crispy 8V CGTI Committee - Club Secretary Admin

very nice to see Dan

It won't be that long it it's all ready for the road again!!

16. jettadan Forum Member

:)

..slowly come together! Glad you like :)

Only in my dreams when i'm trying to get to sleep! I'll keep chugging away and i'll get there eventually, no deadlines!

Been playing:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Looks miles better with the bigger end pieces, thats a definate change.

17. jettadan Forum Member

Soo, few pics of the car now its home :p

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Spent some time yesterday removing a few bits and pieces to make access easier:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I think i'll be buying myself a rivnut kit!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then painted some of the seams and welds with galvanising paint. Dunno if it was because of the weather, but the paint was quite thick, so went on more like a seamsealer then paint! Did a great job though, and filled in all the little areas round welds and in seams. I'll go over the seams with proper seam sealer, just wanted to stop crap getting into them for the time being:

[​IMG]

Then stuck it back in the man cave, where i'd guess its going to stay for some time!

[​IMG]

Not had much time today, but stuck the seat in and now playing with a floor mounted pedal box trying to see if it'll fit.

18. benny Forum Member

Can really see it's potential in the top pic. The rest are just awe-inspiring! Superb! Lucky man!! :thumbup:

19. A.N. Other Banned after significant club disruption Dec 5th 2

Looks a great canvas to be getting along with.

I do like the simplified single-skin front panel, with or without the crossmember being cut out :thumbup: