Spring rates - Mk2 Race Series

Discussion in 'Track Prep & Tech' started by olly20vt, Sep 24, 2007.

1. sparrow Paid Member Paid Member

[:$] Skim reading fail.

Nog 'n Suid Afrikaner in die Midlands is 'n goeie ding. :thumbup:

2. shockerboy Forum Member

Ill try to make the track day in Bedford in March , just need to check the date as a friend of mine has bought me a track day event at Mission motor sport for the day . ill check and confirm cheers , looks like ill meet a few ex South African boykies ha ha

3hirty8ight and Toyotec like this.
  3. Jon Olds Forum Junkie

Reading this with interest, there will be some useful info here for my tarmac mk2 rally car. Just tried to get it to turn in on snow/ice on the wrong tyres (sunday rally) and found disconnecting the thick front A/R bar completely helped! Was a bit of a handful later in the day on fast corners on slush though...
    Keep it coming
    Jon

4. 3hirty8ight Forum Member

Yup,

Thats a good wet weather trick I used too Jon, losen the nuts on the ARB as much as I could without it falling off! As we had to retain the ARB in all conditions due to the regs! Also standing the cambers up to 0.5 degress instead of the 3.0 dry setting. All geared towards giving more front end grip!..

5. Notso Swift Forum Member

I am in a series where you must run standard location devices on a the rear axle, but you may have additional location devices, and you must use elastomeric bushes.

Well the solution for some guys with poor natural axle alignment is to add ideal bars (usually long, with a low deflection, often with a bush that is 100 durometer) and put in really, really soft bushes on the original locator... bushes made of a material that is basically foam and ineffectual.

It is all about how you read the rules... :)