Toyotec's How to install an ABF engine in your Mk2 Golf. Revisit of KJet car 180610

Discussion in '16-valve' started by Toyotec, Jul 4, 2007.

Tags:
  1. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

I do make the looms but im booked up till next year, I've covered the wiring in this thread so its well worth reading it all the way thru ;)

if its a 90spec its 95% plug and play with just a few tweaks, but its a ce1 fusebox though this thread may be helpful to you:
    http://www.clubgti.com/showthread.php?249714

2. NevzzMk2 New Member

oh cool, well we are looking at getting a ABF loom in full and just going for it, its a J reg, and CE2 .

il have a proper read through, never done anything like this before soo all new to me

3. rubjonny

perfect pretty easy then just a couple mods for you. i would go mk3 fuel tank setup then you can strip the wiring for the pump out of any donor petrol mk3 rear loom and add it to your car, plugs right in both ends :thumbup:

4. NevzzMk2 New Member

Awesome, so is that literally the fuel tank needs changing and fuel lines, and rest is just going with the standard ABF loom on the ABF engine.

5. rubjonny

any petrol mk3 for the pump wiring, fuel tank, lines and filter carrier then mk3 gti, 16v or vr6 for the fuel pump :)

6. NevzzMk2 New Member

Didnt think would need to change the tank, but i guess you know best. haha.
    is it because its a Driver not a GTI base to start with ?

ive got pretty much full engine ready to go just need to find a good loom and then get the other bits.

7. rubjonny

if you went with the mk2 gti lifter and main pump setup you could keep the tank, but they're getting on now and housings often split and nla from vw. mk3 stuff is easy to get, simpler as only 1 pump and all tucked inside tank so nothing to get buggered from road salt :)

up to you of course!

8. Toyotec

Toyotec CGTI Committee - Happy helper at large Admin

The thread was written for enthusiasts to benefit from my experience of fitting one of these engines quite a few years ago.
    There was quite a bit if confusion surrounding the conversion at the time so I went out and did it and documented what was to be done.
    The conversions on the cars in this thread, belong to friends are and the thread was not intended to be commercial.

9. thechemist New Member

Hi, im looking to fit corrado 9a bottom end and kr Head into mk1, is this something you could do, not sure where you are situated but you obviously know your onions so would be great if your up for it?

10. francescodenetto Forum Member

Hi toyotec..i'm looking for an abf into my mk2 gti.. So i'm thinking for a megasquirt..In order to get more Power what is the best way? Fitting ITBs or fitting a turbo( with standard block and Low compression cylinder head gasket)?

11. Toyotec

^^Your MK2 is an 8v right?
    More power? Then just fit a Mk3 ABF motor complete. Have look around at other examples on here for inspiration.

francescodenetto likes this.
  12. francescodenetto Forum Member

Ok..I will fit an abf into my gti 8v..So after that what is the best way to improve an abf?? Fitting a turbo?

13. Nige

Nige Paid Member Paid Member

ALL the info you need is on the forum. As mentioned last year when you asked, have a look then give us DETAILS about what you want. Cost / skills / use / time / priorities etc etc etc

If you just keep asking vague questions, nobody can answer you. ;)

Last edited: Jan 4, 2016
  14. francescodenetto Forum Member

Ok..but i think to fit a turbo with stok internals and reducing the compression ratio with a Low cr head gasket..In this way, what is the max Power? So which turbo can i use?

15. Toyotec

When you determine what you want from your vehicle, what skills you got to complete the tasks, then simply research the forum for an enthusiast that has done close to your requirement and then ask relevant questions.
    Fit the ABF out of a MK3 or a Seat first, enjoy, then modify as required. Or just fit a 1.8T if you are short for time!

16. francescodenetto Forum Member

And about megasquirt on abf??in your opinion is a good idea?

17. Toyotec

For my specific circumstances it has been a fantastic.
    Even better as I was able to share, introduce and train many on here, how to calibrate your petrol engine with this SEM as well how to read data.

If you are not motivated though, then I would suggest looking at ready made alternatives such as sparrow's DTA systems or get Darren at VWE to hook you up with a well known Emerald K6 system.
    They all do the same thing.

18. Nige

Nige Paid Member Paid Member

I wouldn`t if I were you.

These things need a lot of research and time by the person doing the conversion.

From your previous posts, I`d suggest a stock ABF & ECU or a 1.8T with loom & OEM ECU would be a better solution for you.

19. francescodenetto Forum Member

And about power and fuel economy?

20. francescodenetto Forum Member

No i wan't 1.8T