Diy Haldex controller........Haldex Controller taken apart with pics

Discussion in 'Transmission' started by sambo, May 11, 2013.

1. Black5 Paid Member Paid Member

Now you have access, do you understand the schematic in terms of the resistors? That would need a separate board, (placed inside the gutted Haldex for practical purposes?) to govern, no? I have zero experience with Ardiunos/controllers of this nature however I can build anything if given directions [:D]
    I'm not sure if the Volvo application Haldex even has one (a thermistor) - I'll be gutting my stock controller to remove the control board, etc. I presume I it will be apparent at that point. Posted pics of my plan in the other thread

2. mike phillips Paid Member Paid Member

Yes, Thanks!!!

I haven't seen a "short and sweet" parts list with part numbers (especially the OLED display). Can someone put a list together and post in this thread?

Is this project open source? Or who do I need to talk to in order to sell a product based heavily on this design? I WON'T sell until I receive any required permissions/work out a deal.

3. Black5 Paid Member Paid Member

I would say it is not open source, since the code is only available to paid members.

tcode is the member who did the OLED setup. If you message him, or reply to his post in the other thread, perhaps he will share that info.

The other parts are just:

Arduino
    Arduino 1.6.7 app
    TB6560
    J204a Display (or OLED)

The dilemma I now have is I finally took my DEM out, and I don't have a stepper motor like anything pictured here. Mine (Gen II) has a "clutch control valve" (2 terminal) and a pressure/temp sensor (4 terminal). I don't see how I can make use of this setup to control it :(

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

erreesse likes this.
  4. vr6deezy Paid Member Paid Member

I am not allowed to view this thread, Is this because i need to have a paid membership?

Last edited: Mar 4, 2019
  5. ManuelR Paid Member Paid Member

Trying as well to get to that thread :) I think it could be useful for my car :)

Just paid membership yesterday

6. nass Forum Member

Anymore info on this

7. boostednbagged Paid Member Paid Member

Has anyone gotten a controller for the gen 2 haldex working? I have been doing a lot of research and attempting to take on the project myself. It seems like the coding is easier to control the solenoid vs stepper motor. It could also be done without an Arduino but I like having the LCD readout and trimpot for control.

My current dilemma are: PWM control or not, holding the motor current/position, Relay board or Transistor, compensating for an increase in coil resistance as the unit gets hot?

If anyone has specs on this n373 valve; would help a lot.

Thanks in advanced!

8. Pannzu Paid Member Paid Member

Hi.

Can i got haldex 1 arduino code for there?
    I would test this and i have all parts but i need code possibly Quick. (In days?)

Thank you

Last edited: Oct 29, 2019
  9. Pannzu Paid Member Paid Member

Or if i buy membership, can i got code immediately?

10. Xsport Paid Member Paid Member

I pay for membership but still cant find and see where to take the code . Some help please

11. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

its in the members only section :) you can only access it once you're a paid member on the side, which I have done for you just now

12. Iggy-J New Member

Hello everyone! Please, tell: is it a complete DIY solution for Haldex 1 in the members-only section? I need such a controller, but it seems like there is no one in the shop anymore

13. rubjonny

yes an arduino wiring diagram plus source code has been shared in the members section :)

14. Iggy-J New Member

Thank you for your quick reply! I'm completely new to arduino, is there enough information to make it as a first arduino device? I have basic skills if ironing and working with code, but only basic:)

15. rubjonny

well it includes the diagram needed to wire up your controller with board and lcd using a stepper motor and controller plus the code required. so I guess if you can build other simple arduino breadboard projects then you can do this.

looking at it, more or less the same effort as making this thing here:
    https://circuitdigest.com/microcontroller-projects/arduino-medicine-reminder

erreesse likes this.
  16. Iggy-J New Member

Many thanks!
    As I understood, this controller is being used instead of OEM, so I need to remove the stock board from the Haldex ECU and install this one? And I also need to make a new wiring harness and mount it through the car somehow, because the OEM harness does not fit, right?

17. rubjonny

yes you replace the oem control board, you dont technically have to make a new harness you can re-use the old one just rewire either end to suit your project. if you're crafty you can probably install the driver inside the hadex case and solder wires to the inside of the pins then the haldex connector will plug back in and you just change the other end so it wires up to the arduino board

18. jose mocholi gomez Paid Member Paid Member

Hi, I'm Jose, I'm new to the forum, and after reading the entire thread (super interesting) I have bought all the pieces (arduino, tb6560, etc.) I already paid the membership, but I can't see the code, he kept telling me that I don't have the permission to see it, can you help me a little please?

19. jose mocholi gomez Paid Member Paid Member

Hi, no body??? PleaseeeeeeeƧ

20. rubjonny

Sorry about this I've been really busy last few days and not got round to handling new memberships yet. Will try to sort today or tomorrow :)