Another red one...

Discussion in 'Say 'hello' in here.' started by AlanM, Oct 22, 2018.

1. AlanM

AlanM Paid Member Paid Member

Hello ClubGTI! I've been stalking this fantastic website for about 5 years now so I thought it was high time I contributed. I have owned my '89 Mk2 8V since Jan '92. It was a birthday present from my wife - she had a company car oak green big bumper 8V that I kept pinching so I got lucky there!

Anyway, early 2000 I was considering trading her for a Mk4 GTI when, shock horror, we were diagnosed with triplets [eek] so as we already had a daughter it was bye bye Golf, hello Sharan. Vdub salesman said I'll give you 800 for the Golf. I said No you won't and stuck it in the back of my Nissen hut of a garage. And there it sat until last week. 18 years quietly mouldering away but anyone with kids will understand....

I'll start a new thread explaining my progress so far. Here's a pic to keep you going:
    [​IMG]

Tristan likes this.
  2. oldnick

oldnick Paid Member Paid Member

18 years? It’ll be fine!

3. Sirguydo

Sirguydo Fastest milkman in the West Paid Member

Booooooooooo more Redist Golfers [:x][:x][:x]

Welcome , Blue is obviously the absolute best colour for a Mk2 but any Mk2 will do better than nought :thumbup:

When are the pictures from ?

Last edited: Oct 23, 2018
  4. valvemiester

valvemiester Paid Member Paid Member

Yes hope to see some more pics soon that must be one extremely low mileage golf now

5. AlanM

AlanM Paid Member Paid Member

I wish!

I like blue, too. My Sharan was blue and my current daily (Chrysler GV) is blue also. But you gotta admit the world needs more red cars. Cars passing these days: silver, silver, black, white, silver, silver.... boring! Have you seen the new Audi dark turquoise? A Mk2 in that would be something to behold.
    Pic taken Sunday.

79k. Previous owner must have been a travelling salesman ;)

6. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

your very own barn find :lol: