How to Meqasquirt your ABF engine

Discussion in 'Throttle bodies & non-OEM ECUs' started by Toyotec, Oct 20, 2007.

Tags:
  1. Efra New Member

Excelent. I was looking for a way to supercharge my ABF. but what about the MFA information, Cruise Control and Climatronic? do they still work with this megaskirt?

2. Toyotec

Toyotec CGTI Committee - Happy helper at large Admin

Which car are you referring to?

3. Efra New Member

It's a 1996 Golf GTI 2.0 16v motor code ABF

4. beetie

beetie Forum Member

I'd of thought they would all still work

5. mec82 Forum Member

Cruise won't work since megasquirt will be Controlling engine. Mpg wont read either but everything else should work as long as sensors are still connected.

Sent from my E2303 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2015
  6. Toyotec

MS will control the engine just like Digifant 3.2 if calibrated correctly.
    Old skool cruise control just takes control of the throttle ( just like me reving the engine from the throttle crank) so that set vehicle speed, which comes from an ABS module is maintained.
    Extra loads from an AC compressor at idle or a PAS pump at full lock can be compensated for by the ISCV.

The cluster on Mk3 vehicles requires a fuel consumption signal from the ECU along with tank level and vehicle speed.
    I am not sure what the signal comprises of ( one for Trevor?). So if a Megasquirt is used in place you would forfeit this feature.

Also a MK3 would have exhaust after treatment requiring some sort of varying biased lambda, required for TuV, MOT or other forms of vehicle testing. This will also be lost. The target AFR feature on a MS is not the same as OEM closed loop, with binary sensor lambda feedback.

7. Efra New Member

Many thanks for all replies. I think I would go with the stock Digifant 4.2 in order to keep all OEM functions. My plan is to install a V-7 Vortech supercharger I only pretend a maximum of 10 PSI. but have many questions. I posted this question in another thread about forced induction but no answer yet. maybe you can help.

First question: is if the there will be any problem with the signal in the MAP since I'm going to have pressure instead of vacum.

second question: stock injectors are 220 l/h at 3 bar. but how much will they flow at 4 or maybe 5 bar. I got a variable FPR capable of 5 bar but this leads to third question.

Third question: How much pressure can handle the stock fuel pump. I heard that they run fine on 4 bar.

Fourth question: how many l/h injector would I need for 250hp

Fifth question: Is there any way to replace the encapsulated stock injectors for bigger ones? where can I find them.

Thanks in advance for any information and help that you can share.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2015
  8. francescodenetto Forum Member

How much torque and power with megasquirt on abf? What mpg difference there is between std efi and ms efi?

9. Toyotec

Not sure what you are asking to be fair. Sort of how long is a piece of string?

10. francescodenetto Forum Member

I ask you what are the results of tuning a stok abf engine with a megasquirt

11. Toyotec

I have personally seen a 15% increase in maximum torque and a 12% increase in maximum power from stock.
    Others may or may not have had a reference, assumed the OE's value, and have seen other numbers much higher.

On fuel consumption, not really relevant in my personal car due to very short gearing or around 7.5-9 L/100km. On other vehicles with 'nominal' gearboxes, around 6.5-7 L/100km.

12. LukaszGti

LukaszGti Paid Member Paid Member

Hi.I`ve got question regarding length of the loom from engine connector to ecu.Does anyone have some drawings maybe , or can draw it in paint with dimentions? Reason is that my project car is 1000 miles away and I`d like to make some progress on it .Looking at the different ecu not megasquirt (Easy ECU 3+) .Ideally I`d like to have it fitted inside the car.
    I`ll be grateful for some help .:thumbup:

13. Toyotec

The looms I used at the time came from an outlet that does not trade anymore.
    Have a look at DiyAutotune to see what they offer.

14. LukaszGti

LukaszGti Paid Member Paid Member

Thanks for the answer. Was it loom specific for MS or just ,,bunch" of wires?

15. Muuu New Member

Old but good. At This moment have the same swap abf. really interested in anouther ecu.. have idea the best megasquirt or ECU master (emu)?

16. msrwerks New Member

Can you post the injector settings that are used in megasquirt for the ABF injectors? Thank you for this great write up!
    Michael