Microsoft office on iPad?

Discussion in 'Computers and Consoles' started by 1990, Aug 31, 2014.

1. 1990

1990 Paid Member Paid Member

My daughter needs this on her iPad for college and she is telling me its 80 per year.

Is that right? Can't you just download of buy it outright?

2. vr6smith Forum Member

Yeh, you need to buy office 360 then you can use office in an online format on tablets or as many pcs as you like, it doesn't install just opens in a webpage I think, or pay a one off fee for just one PC

3. MUSHY 16V

MUSHY 16V Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Aye you need to set up a account and as said above i take it you need a registered product

The android version let's you use word and excel buy just setting up a Microsoft account

Try that

4. Finite

Finite Paid Member Paid Member

If you really need the MS cloud features of office at college then it's a bit difficult. Otherwise you might be able to get away with Documents To Go which can create and edit Office files. Not the best looking app, but it has the best compatibility with Office. The free version of office on Android can't even open local files.

5. Adriantoth New Member

When Microsoft first unveiled versions of its Office apps for Mac and iOS devices, these apps were quite limited, with the iPad version offering some editing features, but only to Office 365 subscribers, and the iPhone version read-only. But these days iDevice users can access and edit Word, Excel and PowerPoint documents on their phones and tablets without Office 365.

6. Haskel New Member

It is almost impossible to use the Windows version and the most stupid is that most of the downloaded versions have a virus with email sending - massmailsoftware api. This is not very cool, but actually!