AJQ Loom Conversion

Discussion in '1.8 & 1.8T' started by ste03, Jul 31, 2016.

1. pirrol New Member

I understand now why wideband ECU has a Relay... to control when coilpacks/ecu get power... until now I didn´t understand. I´m going to do a little diagram to post here following your advises, maybe in a future this post could be very usefull for other people.
    Thanks a lot!!!

Edit: add a little diagram:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/152065610@N05/shares/1J5Rg0

Last edited: Sep 11, 2019
  2. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

yep that is correct :)

Just to add on factory cars with ECU/coil relay T14a/8 is empty and instead pin 121 and coilpack power is fed through a big 2 pin plug near the T14a, just in case you change the main harnes and/or fit a VW coilpack repair harness in the future

pirrol likes this.
  3. pirrol New Member

Hi guys!
    I have thinking to more differences between NB and WB, and I saw that coolant temp sensors are differents, AJQ has the old coolant sensor (asquare) and BAM (ECU I´ll use) has the newer coolant temp sensor (green and oval), Could be works fine or It´s necessary to change? works in the same ohms range? Where could I check this?
    I have been doing some excel files and pics to post here when WB swap runs, including info between 1.8t swap to wb conversion, and the new relay conections, with all Rubjonny´s notes.
    Regards.

4. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

you can either swap the plug to suit your sensor, or change the sensor to suit your plug whichever is best for you, it'll work fine either way :)

just note the pinout changes between the old and new plugs so make sure you get that right ;)

5. pirrol New Member

I´ve AJQ loom and AJQ ECU nowadays, I´ll do WB swap with BAM ECU but all hardware still doing AJQ, if both sensors works in same range, I don´t touch coolant sensor...