Engine question

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Mattwirral, Sep 10, 2019.

1. Mattwirral New Member

hi all, I’m looking to convert my 1.8 16v corrado to a 1.8t agu engine from an Audi A3 sport. Just looking for a guide online but the pages on here don’t seem to load.iv spoke to a few people that have helped me out about the loom conversion etc. But looking to know more about what to change etc..
    Any help and advise would be great
    Matt

2. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

main thing is the wiring loom. ask around till you find a well regarded loom builder, there are many out there who will make a right mess of it. James E Looms, Chris Bellman and William Skelton all do good work. If you fancy a go, have a look here:
    https://clubgti.com/forums/index.ph...install-faq-now-with-added-dieselness.267196/

since the car is a corrado you already have all the correct mounts to suit a 5 speed 20v engine, so it drops straight in. for a 6 speed its a bit more work, I wouldnt bother with it but some like the challenge.

Then you need a downpipe, track slag and william skelton do good ones. the original exhaust on your car is 2.25" which is alright but most go to 2.5" on boosted applications, trackslag or a good local exhaust builder for that. Source a suitable intercooler for your needs, then fit/make boost pipes to suit it. fuel wise your already have one of the best OEM fuel pumps VW has to offer, so if its in good nick you can keep it. The fuel accumulator isnt required so you can bin it if ropey, otherwise you can leave it in and the 20v wont care

pretty much it in a nutshell