NEW GOLF GTI MK 7.5

Discussion in 'Mk7' started by steveb, Sep 15, 2019.

1. steveb Paid Member Paid Member

Any one out there got a 2019 Golf GTI in Isaac Blue, if so what do you think of the colour ?Just had look at one at my local VW dealer and I think the colours available on new cars are pretty crap to be honest. I’m thinking about replacing my 2015 GTI in Night Blue, which I bought new and I think always looks good with a new MK 7.5 but sadly they no longer offer this colour. Also out of interest has anyone got any negative comments about the Mk 7.5 ?

2. ger16v Forum Member

would it not be be best to wait a while - you might get a discount on the golf as i believe the mk8 is imminent?

3. steveb Paid Member Paid Member

Hi yes the Mk 8 is due to be launched soon, but GTI versions not available until next year. They are already offering me £2750 off the car, and from what I can see of the MK8 there are going to be a lot more electronics involved. I must admit that does bother me, also going to fit a ppf (petrol particulate filter) which I can see being a pain in the arse.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2019
  4. steveb Paid Member Paid Member

Ordered my car today, pick it up on the 27th.

5. Toyotec

Toyotec CGTI Committee - Happy helper at large Admin

No negative comments on the facelifted MK7.

New post Jan 2019 cars, now run a PPF ( Petrol Particulate Filter). This means have the aggressive torque reduction during gear changes ( the farty noise heard on DSG upshift ) is a thing of the past.
    These cars are ok with a 'stg 1' remap but beyond that the PPF will need to be removed, which is illegal.

Face lifted cars with a DCT also run a DQ 381 7 speed DSG and either 230 ps for GTI and 245 ps for GTI PP.

They are not bad to be fair.

6. steveb Paid Member Paid Member

Have now done the first 2000 miles with this car, absolutely love it. I see in the motoring magazines that the Mark 8 is getting negative comments, due to all control buttons being eliminated in favour of total touch screen. The criticism is that it is difficult to be able to locate, and use functions without taking your eyes off the road. So in all honesty I’m glad I made the decision and bought the 7.5. In the end I got £3000 off the price, which was the best deal I could negotiate for paying cash for the car. The only extras I’ve got on it is the metallic paint, privacy glass, and the 19” Brescia Wheels.