Mk3.5 wiring.

Discussion in 'Electrical' started by dodgy, Nov 18, 2019.

1. dodgy

dodgy Paid Member Paid Member

Probably a simple answer, but on a mk3.5 cabriolet is the loom similar to a mk3 or a mk4? Been offered a 2001 cab and may then be recipient of the 1.8t I have and so wondered if any of loom would plug in from mk4/A3?
    Cheers Dave

2. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

3. dodgy

Kind of figured it would be adapted mk3 and not that easy as being mk4.
    Thanks you've answered my questions quickly and simply yet again mate.

4. dodgy

Sorry to ask another question, what about an Ibiza loom from the 99-02 1.8t cupra? Would that work, and with an APY engine and ecu with immo delete, what difference would it make with turbo, and would it fit mk3.5 fusebox?

5. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

Ibiza is on a different fusebox setup to both MK3 and MK4, however if you can find one its the perfect donor for a mk3 golf as it already has a set of brackets you need to fit a 20v to a mk3, has 02j with 100mm flanges so your shafts fit, 4x100 so has at least 280mm brakes up front or if you're lucky and get a cupra they're 305mm brembos. will have stubby master cylinder if you need one for extra clearance to engine, you'll have to do the same mods as mk2 guys do, or perhaps the ibiza servo will fit the mk3...

wiring wise the loom is nice and long so that also makes life easier when splicing it up as no need to extend anything can crimp fresh pins on the wires and pop to fusebox direct if you have access to proper crimp tools.

they use the remote pedal actuator type setup, so need to fab something up to mount it. can also convert to full mk4 pedal setup if you like, just got to repin the plug. clutch and brake switches will fit the mk3 pedal box if you want to use them rather than mk4 versions etc

heres a rough guide for the swap, its not as detailed as my oem mk4 thread but you can use both threads to get you through it:
    https://clubgti.com/forums/index.ph...-general-fusebox-plug-reference-guide.285928/

6. dodgy

No real advantage except length then than the loom I have for the engine already then so not worth spending £70 on it.
    Got the mounts from an Ibiza so that should be easier, and going 6 speed so have already sorted driveshaft for 108 cups.
    Brakes wise I have a set of brembos ready to go on the car when I get one, the stubby cylinder would be nice, but may just get a focus one and mod servo if its too tight.
    Thanks