What's going on with these RR results?

Discussion in 'K-Jetronic OEM injection' started by H3NRY, Aug 1, 2020.

1. H3NRY New Member

Hi forum,

My golf has been being restored for the last 2 years and finally got it back - I have a rolling road read-out and report telling me the car is running lean past 4k RPM and looks like the power is peaking much earlier than a previous report from Stealth.

I've taken pics of both the stealth and JKM readout below - not quite comparing apples to apples but any help in diagnosing what this might be would be priceless.

Spec is:
    2.0 9A block
    KR head with P&P work
    KR cams
    Stainless 4-branch manifold
    2-silencer Jetex exhaust (mani-back)
    K-jet injection

As part of the recent restoration the engine has been apart to be painted and had all new injectors/seals/lines etc on the fuel side of things. Lift pump is also new but main pump not.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Toyotec

Toyotec CGTI Committee - Happy helper at large Admin

Dynos capture engine performance very differently results are not universal.
    Engine character is unlikely to change regardless of where tested. You are also only evaluating WOT.

Having seen results several results from the Stealth outfit over the years, I can say, your final result there is usually the result of an ABF Kjet before tuning.
    The sheet also shows another run, where the engine appears to have a misfire.
    No other useful data is shown.

The test at JKM, gives more information and also seems to have the peak power point more in line with typical KJet AFR behaviour, leaning off near the top end. This is why the operator did not bother to rev into the redline and a good call also.

A plot showing torque would indicate the strongest points of acceleration.

Without driving such a car it is difficult to tell you how poorly or good it is. I suspect a bit poorly looking at the two results and the characteristics of the machines measuring the car.