ABF ECU needs help

Discussion in 'Throttle bodies & non-OEM ECUs' started by VAG_FOREVA, Aug 11, 2020.

1. VAG_FOREVA New Member

Good day to all!Dear forumchane please help me find the electrical circuits of the ABF ECU,what I was able to find from the information on the Internet has very poor information, perhaps I was not looking there.The problem with the electrics occurred to me when installing the intake manifold and all the attachments of the ABF engine ON the 9a engine due to the fact that it is currently not possible to find from the list of spare parts on Ke-motronik. Car Volkswagen Passat B3 Version of the 1992 model year with a 9A engine and an atomic transmission 096.It is planned to connect the ABF ECU to the automatic transmission ECU for as long as possible, as it was with the Ke-motronik.All spare parts are taken from the Volkswagen Golf 1994 release, the ABF ECU with the number 037 906 024AV. P. s. I Apologize for the mistakes I made in the text used Google translator. P. S. for EARLIER THANK you ALL!

2. deajam Forum Member

What's your email and I can send you a link to a manual.

3. VAG_FOREVA New Member

[QUOTE = "deajam, post: 2488339, member: 3387"] Какой у вас адрес электронной почты, и я могу отправить вам ссылку на руководство. [/ QUOTE]
    e060ac138rus@gmail.com

4. VAG_FOREVA New Member

Спасибо

5. VAG_FOREVA New Member

sorry when translating an error occurred with the ABF ECU here is the calalog number 037906024 AB

6. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

you cant run a 9a engine directly with abf ECU, it needs a crank sensor which the 9a does not have. there are ways around it can fit cusom bracket set or mount a polo crank sensor flange on the gearbox side of the engine. another opttion is the SEAT ADL ECU which is similar to ABF except it doesn't use a crank sensor instead it runs off the KR/9A/PL type distributor

7. VAG_FOREVA New Member

[QUOTE = "rubjonny, post: 2488346, member: 735"] вы не можете запустить двигатель 9a напрямую с ЭБУ abf, ему нужен датчик кривошипа, которого нет в 9a. есть способы обойти его, чтобы установить комплект кронштейнов cusom или установить фланец датчика кривошипа Polo на стороне коробки передач двигателя. Другой вариант - SEAT ADL ECU, который похож на ABF, за исключением того, что он не использует датчик кривошипа, а работает от распределителя типа KR / 9A / PL [/ QUOTE]
    you got me wrong I need wiring diagrams ECU ABF to understand where to connect the two wires on the automatic transmission.The crankshaft sensor is already installed on the engine,I can not understand where to connect the two pins numbered 11 and 18 of the ABF ECU on the automatic transmission.

8. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

there is no data that I have found for ABF automatic models, the closest I have is if you click the link in my signature there is a 'g3autobox.pdf' which shows 8v and vr6 models.

Assuming the diagram is correct for your type auto box (68 pin autobox ecu plug) it shows the motronic ecu pin 18 is connected to autobox pin 13 and ECU pin 11 connected to autobox pin 41, hopefully the 2 pins on the ABF ECU are the same :)

if its 38 pin autobox ecu I've found a passat diagram showing ECU pin 18 goes to autobox pin 28, labelled 'ign time adj', and ecu pin 11 goes to autobox pin 9 labelled 'tp sensor'.

if the passat diagram is correct, you could measure abf ecu pin 11 output and see if its a variable voltage matching up to throttle position. pin 18 not really sure what 'ign time adj' means, possibly ignition timing output which autobox uses to decide when the best time to change gear is along with throttle position?