Bonnet release cable grommet

Discussion in 'Mk2' started by Fagaf, Aug 13, 2020.

1. Fagaf New Member

Been hunting a firewall leak recently, looks to perhaps be the windscreen seal/rot, ecu plate or bonnet release grommet - trying to tackle them all just in case. However, I'm unable to find the driver side grommet for the bonnet release - So far I've found 357823591 but that seems to be a blanking plug for the passenger side, plus the one in my car seems totally different (or perhaps its my eyes).

What pt numbers would I need in order to replace my old bonnet release grommets? Thanks :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. NateS2

NateS2 Paid Member Paid Member

357823591 - They're on Heritage and eBay for about £5 :)

3. Fagaf New Member

Oh okay - has the original been superceded? Because it doesn't look anything like what I've got (picture nabbed from Facebook)
    Do I just cut the end off and route the cable through?

[​IMG]

4. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

yeah the original was 191823591, replaced with the passat version 357823591.

no need to cut anything, disconnect cable and it slips over one end or the other. cant remember which end, but it does fit over as one of my first jobs on my 1.6 back in 2003 :lol: