G-Tech Pro any good?

Discussion in 'Track Prep & Tech' started by boroko, May 6, 2021.

1. boroko

boroko Paid Member Paid Member

Watching threads around here and see G-Tech used for performance monitoring of changes to a car. I'm considering buying one help me measure performance upgrades in my rally car. The trouble I'm running into is that the reviews of the G-Tech Pro RR are not encouraging. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong areas, or maybe the models people are having success with are different than the ones I'm looking at.
    I want to be able to analyze runs to compare them to measure improvements, so saving and downloading is important, while lap monitoring is not.
    In a ideal world, an affordable system would accurately monitor forces vs. engine speed for testing, and control two cameras and data log for races. Dreaming here, I know. I don't want to shell out $400 for a system that turns out to be a pain.
    Thanks for your input. Considering systems large and small.
    bo

2. NateS2

NateS2 Paid Member Paid Member

I think @Toyotec has had some experience with this

3. boroko

I'm sure he does. What I've seen was pretty much from him. That being said, I'm sure he hasn't got the time to answer every little question that comes along. Quite frankly, I appreciate the deep analysis that he shares. I would hope that he will chime in, but I'm sure there are others here that have some experience and could add to the conversation.

4. boroko

hmm, looks like this is going to be real quiet.

5. boroko

Seeing as I'm not hearing any replies, maybe I should rephrase the question: Does anyone here have any experience with a G-tech Pro? if so, which model?

6. Toyotec

Toyotec CGTI Committee - Happy helper at large Admin

Have experiences with several models of G tech Pro.
    I used it, to correlate vehicle acceleration as a function of actual engine torque, then match the acceleration profile with the torque seen on a dyno, to know if the dyno was generating the torque profile in the right rpm points.
    Also it was great to feel what say 0.5 g was like in second gear on the road, for a road car such as an ABF that was tuned.

7. boroko

Thank you. After seeing your experiences, it seemed like a great tool to quantify changes. When I went shopping there seemed to be nothing but negative comments. I didn't know if you had been using an older model, and if I should shop for one of those, or that people just didn't understand how to get useful information out of them. I may just take the plunge and hope for the best.

8. Toyotec

Toyotec CGTI Committee - Happy helper at large Admin

I do not read half of these "experts" and their comments.

9. boroko

Read a bunch, compare to your own experience, test what you can, and move ahead...