How do I go about getting the car valued?

Discussion in 'Insurance chat' started by DubWeisse, May 22, 2022.

1. DubWeisse New Member

So the thought crossed my mind recently. How do I get my GTI properly valued for insurance payouts?
    Currently, if someone hit me, I'd get sod all for it, because in the eyes of my current insurer, it's just an old car.

Can anyone recomend some insurers they use who do proper valuations? Who do you folks use?

Cheers.

2. PhilRyder

PhilRyder Paid Member Paid Member

3. caddyboet

caddyboet Paid Member Paid Member

Most classic insurance policies offer an agreed value option. I have done it for the last 2 years. They normally ask you for some pictures, and you have to sign a mileage declaration. They after this service as part of the quote process so won’t cost you anything. Call up a few different insurers and ask for an agreed value quote and they will talk you through it.

From my experience you get a much higher valuation if you shoot a walk around video on your phone. Pics do the job but when I sent videos I got values 40% higher than previously quoted.