Vr6 conversion

Discussion in 'VR5, VR6 & Wx' started by Luke Nicholson, Jul 3, 2022.

1. Luke Nicholson New Member

I need help! Got a AAA vr6 engine! I want to use the mk1 fuse box and interior loom and only use the mk3 engine loom! Real question is do I only need the lights and indicators from the mk1 loom? Or do I need more wires than that? never done this before so any help would be appreciated

2. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

what fusebox do you have in the mk1, is it the early ceramic one or later blade one?

wiring wise you leave everything in the mk1 alone except the engine loom which is grafted to the vr6 loom to make a plug and play loom which you then refit and go. in an ideal world anyway :lol:

some like to run the mk3 fusebox alongside, but its a bit bodgy and almost if not more work than just grafting to the original, some convert the car to ce2 but that isnt all that easy either since the mk1 has fusebox on the other side so non of the lengths are right and you still need to do a load of sp[licing to get it to work with the mk1 dash/lights/etc

first question anyway is what fusebox do you have, and how good is the wiring in the car right now

3. Luke Nicholson New Member

Thanks for the reply bud I’m not too sure I can take a picture later once I finish work and I started pulling the wires out of the mk1 fuse box before someone said that you didn’t have to so haven’t a clue where any of them go do you have any socials that will make it easier to communicate if your on the mk1ownersclub on Facebook I’m on there

4. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

I dropped you an email this morning :)

5. Luke Nicholson New Member

Brilliant mate I’ll send you some pictures later this afternoon when I finish work and will sort from there thanks