Polo 9n3 window issues

Discussion in 'Fox/Lupo/Polo' started by Marky4787, Jul 16, 2022.

1. Marky4787

Marky4787 Paid Member Paid Member

Good day all

Having an issue with my polo, its only a 3dr but the drivers side window wont go up in one go! I have to keep pressing the button about 20-25 times until it finally reaches the top

I've had it all the way done and held the button/buttons down for 2-5 seconds, then 5-10 seconds to reset position, also done the same when they are up, still not working, I've tried opening them with the key in the door, they both go down all the way I've held the key in the position once down to try a reset of some sort and the same when going up, even with using the key to get them up its the same as the button just one bit at a time, there's nothing blocking the window channel its all clear and window doesn't go up then back down so it doesn't think there's an obstruction

I dont want to buy a window regulator to then find out its the door module or something?

saying that the only thing I havent
    Very annoying but if anyone thinks oh that's easy then please advise

Car details are

Polo Bluemotion 1.4TDI
    3dr
    non sunroof
    40000miles
    well maintained

2. EZ_Pete

EZ_Pete Forum Junkie

Interesting; try assisting it on the way up by pulling on the top edge of the glass, see if it then does go continuously.

3. dodgy

dodgy Paid Member Paid Member

Might be worth looking on skoda forums too, think I read a while ago of the 9n/3 motor being a little problematic, there's a guy on a polo forum that will rebuild the motor, exchange basis.
    Unfortunately mine has wind up window, so not experienced a problem, but the A4 I had did similar, think it was a slight tightness in the rubber caused it, may be the motor sensing a load with a dodgy sensor and thinking its an obstruction?

4. Marky4787

Yeah tried that and no help unfortunately

5. Marky4787

Might have to take it apart and see if I can fix it…..real pain, it might be sensing something but normally with this it stops then goes back down? But mine just stops every couple CM’s all the way to the top, I’ve got to much on to look for a while but I'm sure I’ll put up with it for a while, then just buy a new regulator or as you said I’ll search for the guy that repairs them

6. EZ_Pete

EZ_Pete Forum Junkie

Maybe try another switch to rule that out? Ah, wait, you've ruled that out by using the key to the same effect, sorry.
    Can only think it must be the module, might have a spare if it's a 6Q1959801F?
    I might know the repair guy. ;)

7. Marky4787

I’ll take the door card off and check and get back to you mate